1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The fascinating trade for Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2 people like this.
  2. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

Thanks! Great Read!

3. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

In the end, the 32nd pick Taylor, $2.5M and some more cash for absolutely nothing.........

[​IMG]

4. R=$

R=$ Member

Clutch, any thought on the next big move?

5. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Von 2.0?

6. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

Nice job on the article Clutch!!

1 person likes this.
  7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Then say bye-bye to PPat? :)

8. Chamillionaire

I thought this was a great trade. TWill looks like he can really ball, and with all the players we have who are foundamentally sound and play team ball, it`s good to get a guy who is as athletic, and aggressive as TWill. He looks like he will fill the stat sheet with everything from points to steals.

He is still young and probably will be better and better sooner than anyone we could have gotten with the pick.

I also like AB playing with TWill. They are great at doing completely different things from each other, I think they will compliment each other well.

Not worried about his off-court issues. He`s coming to a better team, better organization, a player`s coach.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Would it be funny if after cockblocking the Knicks in the Carmello pursuit by giving NJ ammunition to pounce (Rockets taking Williams off their hands), that it got the Knicks "desperate" again to improve their standing and Morey "helps" them with giving them their pick back by taking Randolph off their hands for their own 2012 pick? Talk about exploiting leverage!

10. Raven

Raven Member

I don't mind this trade as much now that I know the pick is lottery protected.

And the kid looks rather beastly in that video.

;)

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Didn't they do the same with Dorsey? Play him for a game or two and BAM!!!

I have a feeling one of our PFs will be in a different uniform rather shortly.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Clutch I mentioned this before but do you have a high resolution version of this sweet Brooks/Lowry picture from your last blog entry?

[​IMG]

Would make a nice wallpaper.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

the Knicks would have done that deal yesterday. Morey declined, wanting "lottery protection" on the Knicks pick he was sending back to them.

Apparently Morey thinks the chance that the Knicks return to the lottery with Amare and Carmelo is enough to warrant not dealing for Randolph. Yay Morey.

14. devilsdandruff

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drop some history on 'em Clutch! :grin:

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If we trade them back their 2012 pick for AR, are they then allowed to trade to us their 2013 pick as part of the same trade as well?

17. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Never heard of him before today, but seems like an intriguing player. In his rookie season he had a 14 assist game and a couple of 13 rebound games.

That's not to mention a triple double as well. His career high in assists is higher than Lowry's and that was playing on a bad team.

Hopefully, he's not too much of a head case. It's hard to think of swingmen that have strong rebounding and assist capabilities for comparison. Quitten?

18. IceMan

IceMan Member

I actually think Morey did extremely well in this deal. Williams has the potential of being a high impact player, and the 1st we gave NJ is lottery protected.

JT is a selfish player who can't be part of any team. he simply doesn't "get it". he's all athlete and zero brains.

Williams on the other hand, is an elite athlete who actually has a Basketball IQ as well. Sure, he's immature, but when you really watch him play,. he's actually a very smart player.

If D-league stats count for JT, then please look at what Williams did in his 3 games there. he didn't sulk, he simply dominated in every way possible and showed his incredible talent. 29 pts, 11+ RB, 10+ assists??? are you kidding me?

19. H-Rockets

H-Rockets Member

igoudala 2.0 ???

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Don't like the trade although it will be nice to add some athleticism to this team.

But I have a problem with Terrence.

1) He has a loser mentality.
    2) He takes bad, sometimes horrible shots and it seems like he is only playing for his stats.
    3) He is another good perimeter player. Just that.

But maybe he can change his attitude in Houston.