1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Rafer get as much hate?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TriCkz, Feb 10, 2013.

1. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

As Lin? Even if Lin plays good people still want to bench him..

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Prove it. Especially since I'm fairly certain that if I cared to delve in the GARM for any reasonable amount of time, I'm sure I could find 50 "Waaahhhh it's not Lin's fault he played bad last game, it's Harden/McHale/Morey/the moon's fault!" for every one of your supposed "We should bench LIn even though he's playing well" posts.

1 person likes this.
  3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Way more.

And it doesn't even compare to the grief Steve got.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Don't think Rafer got 25 million

5. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

You are from 2006 and you don't remember the Rafer bashing?
    Rafer was criticized heavily on this board and rafer never had ROFs to back him up.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I remember he got crapped on regularly. Funny thing is he led the Magic throughout the playoffs to the Finals whenever Jameer got hurt.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

HELL NO (I was part of the Rafer hate).

Rafer's hate on this board was as bad as SacTown's hate on UT. Almost.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The hate was excessive because expectations were higher back then. We were regularly the 4th-6th seed back then. He was an easy target because of his spotty shooting and considered the obvious weak link of the starting line-up. He did hardly ever turn the ball over and played good D though.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The Rafer hate was pretty heavy. And I don't think there is any one thing that Lin does that has gotten one iota of the hate as Rafer's faulty tear drop shot. The hate for that shot was legendary. Heck, I think Juwan Howard and T-Mac got way more "hate" than Lin.

10. conquistador#11

rafer didn't shoot over 41% til he was in his 30s, and that's fgs close to the bucket. How can you forget the tear drop that went in once every 50 times. It frustrated everybody.

as for rafer not making 25 million, he was the originator of the 29 million dollars. In today's money that translates to 8 million a year for six years, obviously I'm using my back to the future guide to economics of 2012. That's what 10 points and 4 assists got you at the time =/

11. moose

moose Member

I remember those days lol

12. SK34

SK34 Member

A lot of people don't realize that Ppat, Morris, Douglas also get A LOT of hater. Things just don't go out of proportion because they don't have POF OR MOF OR DOF (lmfao). And yes Rafer got hate. T-Mac got hate. Only player that didn't get hate a lot was Yao Ming or Olajuwon or Drexler.

13. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Jeremy Lin, the ying and yang of the nba. Most hate and most loved. All from crazy people.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

meh.. I got so used to Mac and YAo playing with scrubs but the one that stood out the most was BATTIERRR.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lin doesn't even get hated.

Seriously, most of the "hate" I see are likely from game threads, the bi-polars of all game thread. Every player in game threads receive their share of "knee jerk hates", and Lin is absolutely no exception (even if his fans think so).

This whole "LOH" is honestly one of the biggest myths I have seen since joining the board, and it's pretty funny because any Rocket player who shines brighter than Lin gets more unwarranted criticism than Lin ever did.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

What I valued more about Rafer was his defense (underrated) and ball-handling.

I still feel like Jeremy is very turnover prone when he's doubled and isn't as quick until he penetrates to the lane.

TD is a step up from Rafer.

Then again, even with all of the hate, Rafer came to play every night.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good lord, Rafer sucked, he stunk, could not stand him - so yes - he got a big dose of it from me, for sure.

DD

18. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

If you ask me, Rafer got LOADS more. And I didn't think he really deserved it, either. I think most of the Lin hate is directed towards the LOFs, not Lin himself. The hate for Rafer was disproportionate.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You must be very young not to remember how intense the hatred was for Rafer. It was compounded by Ademan's insistence on playing him down the stretch every 4th quarter no matter how pathetic he was. At least McHale pulls Lin when he's terrible.