1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets trade Lowry, stay focused on Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2 people like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am down with the trade. Get off the mediocrity treadmill. If it means the Rockets have to take one step back to take two steps forward then so be it.

1 person likes this.
  3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I guess it is worth asking in this thread, did we create a trade exception in the Lowry trade? How about the Dally or Bud trades?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

heh.....

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

i like the trade, and reasons can be simplified:

1) it increases our chances of getting howard
    2) why would anybody care if he's gone if the rest of our team is terrible anyway? we will find another good pg by the time we are good again(i guess "speeds up rebuilding process" is a similar way of saying that)

6. Dream McLandry

Well said Clutch. Couldn't agree more. Savvy move and hopefully they all add up to something big. I def agree that if they fail to land the big fish AND instead add just Gasol or Smith, than it was all for nothing. Still, the message is go big or go home. I'm reserving judgment on our off season until all moves have been completed.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I love the trade, what are you talking about, Clutch? =p

Morey finally knows what he's doing.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Not sure I agree except on the Howard part. If we don't get him by now this offseason will most likely be a failure. And LA seems like the front runner now.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets are under the cap so trade exceptions aren't created. They created cap room though, about $4.25 million.

10. roswell raygun

Agree 100 percent. If this deal had happened last week, fans would be celebrating.
    People are just freaking out because both our point guards are gone, but like Jerome Solomon pointed out, it's only July 7th -- or thereabouts.

11. zilches

zilches Member

No worries with the trade in itself. I just don't see the point in going after Howard when he doesn't want to be here.

12. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Have you been paying attention? We've taken SEVERAL steps back this offseason.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Keep the pick,no need to trade it. I would preferred to keep Lowry.
    We have no PG's. Lin is good, but he will end up as an overpaid PG if he ends up with us.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

clutch, i am complete with you this time. this is good trade if it is what you mentioned. i wish it could be one year earlier.

1 person likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I feel better having read that. Seems a lot like the take SI had on it. My own personal boner for Lowry aside, this does put us firmly in the "new direction" corner. Next up are Scola and Martin. As much as I want Howard, I'm suffering from "roster flux" exhaustion. Don't think I can take another 8 months of flirtation and rumors.

1 person likes this.
  16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Wait, why does Clutch share the same views as me? Man, I just realised that. Made me feel so much more awesome.

17. SupermoochieFro

Your def not alone!! Anything that breaks the 'cycle of insanity' works for me regardless of if it actually lands Howard or not. At least they are being proactive one way or the other.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

BIMA mentioned in the original Lowry thread there was a WAY to create a TPE if certain moves were conducted in a certain order.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6992907&postcount=884

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Chris Webber didn't want to go to the Kings. Deron Williams didn't want to go to New Jersey.