1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

XBOX 360 Kinect reviews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That's pretty cool. I may have to do some digging around in the SDK. I personally never even used a Kinect ever in my life lol. So I know I'm behind. The functionality seems bad arse though.

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

They're not just beginning work on it. My cousin was just brought in to help.

As far as the infoz go, I'll see what I can do, but I'm not going to jeopardize his career there by posting sensitive information. Hell, he probably won't tell me anything that will get him into trouble.

Oh yeah? Anything I should tell him about the new boss? I'm sure he would appreciate any intel about the new workplace.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sweeeeet.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It isn't perfect, but when it works you know you're living in the future.
    They still need to work on the games, but there are several out that are a lot of fun.
    As I've said in earlier posts though, I bought it for voice and gesture controls. It was definitely worth the money in that regard. It's allowed me to raise my game to a new level of laziness. I won't even pick up my controller if I don't have to.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's what it was with my nephew. It was the downloadable games that made him need a new hard drive.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Cool. I was planning on buying the Kinect for Xbox 360 but there aren't many games that take advantage of it. I'll wait and see what people will do with the Kinect for the Windows version because I don't know exactly what I would do with one. I wonder why they aren't using like 4 or 5 sensors. One on each 4 corners and maybe one on top. Or even have small sensors(or whatever that could detect by your main Kinect) on velcro that you can attached to part of your body such as hands and feet to make it even more accurate.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I can already picture using it on the desktop which will be incredible. It'll also be good for web conferencing, etc. Anything else they come up with will be interesting to be sure. I think in the next 2 years or so this is going to blow up pretty big, a lot of people will have these on their home PCs. I'm sure there will be a lot of games that get developed for PC. Additionally, I bet this will drive more game development (for Kinect) with a lot of PC games eventually being ported to Xbox and vice versa.

Also I was able to confirm the camera is a completely different one. I don't know the full differences, but it's almost a sure thing that it is much higher resolution. The xbox cameras are very low resolution.

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

The only problem is that I can't really see how useful it is for my daily PC usage. I mean it might be fun for some applications and stuff but I don't see it benefit in using my PC. It will be cool to use the PC like Minority Report but I don't think that will last long. It will get a little tiresome after awhile but it at least it will give your arms and fingers a good work out session. My problem with this is that the Kinect is not accurate so I see there's a bit of a disadvantages with this technology. The problem is that it's not built into the monitor so accuracy will be totally off and lagging.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Kinect isn't perfect, however with a higher resolution camera I can see there being a big performance increase. They likely will even be able to track your fingers. I agree, I can't see a major use...but you can almost definitely get rid of your mouse (which is a pretty big deal). Not sure how they'd do clicking / double clicking though. I'm sure they could also create some sort of virtual keyboard (naturally that won't be better than a normal one, but it could be useful). I'd have to say I'm almost positive someone will create some sort of voice control software that you can tell to open a browser, and what url to go to, etc. We'll see what happens.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, that the guy rarely goes home, and stays at the office way too much which sacrifices his family life.

And that he pretty much expects people to do nearly the same.

DD

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No bueno.

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Interesting.
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n8eAb0lxOXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>