1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jordan Hill & Chase Budinger - Highlights Vs Spurs (10.7.10)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Oct 8, 2010.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctjBP3Ap9Aw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctjBP3Ap9Aw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2475jf0cmajwds4

---------------------------

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZS3SnrY424?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZS3SnrY424?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4bell24go4b574e

3 people like this.
  2. kevtse

kevtse Member

They look OK

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

jordan hill looks pretty good to me. i dont understand why people on here are not more excited about the guy.

:confused:

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

meh. hill's shooting isn't consistent in games. though that turn around right hook is money.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Man budinger's jumper is so smooth.

6. itony

itony Member

love all these screen plays theyre running for cbud

i like how hill's jumper is coming along but unless we see it consistently i'll label him a one hit wonder. his shot won't always be going down and i dont think he has any moves to make room for his shot or the fake and drive

7. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Budinger's jumper is orgasm inducing.

8. lawe

lawe Member

man, i love these 2 guys

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

There are people on here who had Chris Bosh expectations. I was the opposite (wrongly so and admited to on several occasions so no flames) . I expected very little. And every time I see him he impresses me more. He has a real midrange game almost like Scola. Those shots will be there for him. His defense needs improvement but it is not horrific, now. Hill is one of the brighter spots on this team. If he continues to improve he may beat out Brad miller as backup to Yao. I did not expect that. So I am excited about this guy.

I still think we need one more star on this team and Hill's improved play may earn him a trade but I definitely like what I see so far.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The more I see of Hill, the less I am convinced that we need Dampier. In fact, given Dampier's ridiculous way of dragging this process out, I would prefer that we tell him no now.

Hill seems to have a nice jumpshot. I would like to see if he can get some monster rebound games. He has the size and the jumping ability. I think he still gets caught out of position sometimes.

11. Redfan

Redfan Member

I love watching Cbud rise up to shoot the ball. He goes straight up with great balance on every shot. He needs to give courtney lee some lessons on how to square up before rising for the shot.

Hill looks very fluid when setting up his jump shot. My only concern is the lack of a go to move when this jump shot isn't working. The fadeaway is an effective shot when its falling but to often players rely on it and forget how to attack a defense. It is a shot that can be taken at any time, but it doesn't draw fouls, force a defense to rotate, or allow for a player to get his own offensive rebound.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

In his last interview, DM said maybe Brooks can step up or Martin can step up to be that "star" to pair up with Yao. So this team is definitely a work in progress. By Feb deadline, we would have a better sense how to upgrade the team.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This is the same JHill we saw in the last 3rd of the season last year with his jumphooks, offensive rebounding, and dunks but it seems he has added a midrange jumper. He's for real--he just needs the coaches' confidence so they will allow him to play through his mistakes. He was all smiles after the game. Jack Sikma must be happy their summer work is starting to pay off.

CBud's shot is still as smooth as before even though his ankle is still bothering him. Hopefully he can avoid those nagging injuries.

KLowry still always manages to find the right person in the right spot. We have one lethal second unit. The first unit isn't so shabby as well.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's the way I feel too. We don't have any superstars, but we have a lot of potential superstars with question marks surrounding them. That's why I am happy with what we have now... if we have to give up core pieces of the rotation to get a star, then I don't want to do it. If we can just give up picks and expirings/TE I'm all for it.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yeah, I believe in our guys. Not only skilled but willing to sacrifice for the team. How many "stars" would be patient and willing to help Yao get back to game shape?

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This Rockets team needs some work. I personally don't think we are nasty enough in the paint when it comes to controlling the boards. Our defense is still struggling at times... we are not fighting through picks well enough and we are reacting slow in one on one situations defensively. On offense some guys are making mistakes and not playing through the offense... like Lowry shot a ridiculous fade away jump shot at the end of the game got blocked turned into a fastbreak where Spurs scored. We did good things throughout the game but i pointed out some examples of the bad. Jordan Hill did a lot of good but he still plays immature in some instances... 3 second calls, getting outmuscled under the rim, not being able to make a simple offensive move in one on one offensive situation and dribbling the ball off his foot. Maybe it's rust and that's the preseason for ya.

17. H-Rockets

H-Rockets Member

I have a feeling Bud will soon start at the 3 over Battier and Hill will be a beast... just give him some time.

1 person likes this.
  18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He really is a work in progress, especially defensively.

The offense looks good at times, but he needs to stop coming over for weak-side help and leaving the basket uncovered... too many easy putbacks being given up.

19. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Future All-Stars ;)

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a work in progress, but the key is that we are SEEING progress.

I mean he looks much better this year already.

It seems that Hill is the kind of player that needs better players around him to give him room to operate.

I like how he is playing, and do not envy Rick in trying to figure out the minutes.

DD