1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This shouldn't be public information.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Even if he's trying to prove he's been corresponding with the doctor, its probably not a good idea to post his name and email address to thousands of followers.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

not sure how anyone can take white's side in this saga... from all accounts it sounds like the rockets are at least attempting to help him (bus, therapist, etc) but it's hard not to think that this guy's biggest issue is a sense of entitlement. the rockets have ZERO incentive to keeping this guy stuck on the bench and havign him being a noncontributor - ZERO. otherwise they would never have drafted him in the first place.

the entire way he has handled himself just reeks of a diva. he's attempting to leverage his condition into special priviledges which is bullsh!t. for someone with such a debilitating condition he sure seems fine spouting off publicly via twitter and lavishing attention on himself.

4. Super Lintendo

Les has already spoken to media about White. It's Morey.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

speak for yourself.

6. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

wow showing his doctors email for the world to see. This guy is causing so many more problems for himself than if he were to just shut up

7. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Oh I understand your struggle, my friend. I've had to come to grips with my own totally real and not the least bit made up OPD (Obsessive Posting Disorder) during some downtime, and the ClutchFans community has failed to make reasonable accommodations for me! In fact they have only made it worse! ;) #honesty #smh #thisroomsmellslikefarts #justmeinthisroomthough #oversharing #waytoomuch #information #roycewhite

1 person likes this.
  8. wink2cat

wink2cat Contributing Member

Exposing his docs email... another brilliant post to put on twitter

9. Arthurprescott2

Sly dude. "Contact" w/ therapist does not mean he actually went to the appts right?

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

read the follow up comment he just posted. he's directing all of this at the Rockets

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    Continued: I expressed my concerns to the "appointed" doc, he said inform him if he can help but It's not about anxiety it's about support.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Some people should not use Twitter.

This is not something that should be played out there for all to see.

He should just stop tweeting now before he really does ruin his chances.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Alexander, Morey, McHale... does it really matter?

Do you really think that Terrence Williams is in China right now because he didn't have the talent?

I can tell you what's going to happen here. Its easy to predict. He's either going to shape right up, and never again have any issues when he see's the financial impact he has caused( again, dont underestimate the power of $ to people), or he will be waived by the Rockets probably sometime towards the end of the season after a long leave of absence.

After the parting from Houston, a team just might pick him up, but the contract he gets from any team will be fully NON-guaranteed with limited conditions regarding his mental health treatement, almost certainly no special travel arrangements.

After that stint, at first notice of bad behavior or negative PR he will be cut. Might get a training camp invite the next season, but wont end up making the squad. A few weeks later.... China, or if he's lucky Europe.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So there it is... he's now backtracking and admitting that he hasn't been going to his appointments.

15. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

So Don't you guys think all there other Rockets players are texting/talking to each other now about this, and probably creating an even further divide between Royce and the team... such a bad move by Royce

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Keep in mind that on draft day none of the GMs wanted to deal with Royce White's nonsense to begin with.

How do you think they feel about him now, after all this?

Super validated, I bet.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    Continued: Putting this off on Dr. Fink is not an acceptable responding course of action for me. I stand by asking for consistency.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks very much for the link to the video.

He says: "They took a chance on me. They didn't have to. This says something, not only about the organization, but about people."

This is true.

And apparently, this decision was driven by Kevin McHale.

Now, while Coach McHale is dealing with a life-threatening crisis in his family, Royce White "pays him back" by acting like spoiled, self-entitled drama queen. :rolleyes:

Also, while this film is designed to make people feel compassionate with whatever his issues are, one can tell from the video that a) he thinks extremely highly of his own skills ("I have outperformed Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist time and time again" - really? :confused: ) and b) he is totally self-absorbed. It's all about him ("I cannot do this...I have to do that...I was so scared...").

The only statement he makes about anyone else is the one about the Houston Rockets taking a chance on him when they didn't have to...and look how he is showing his "gratitude" now.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a legitimate disorder - but that does not excuse refusing to speak to a medical therapist suggested by the team, missing media day, training camp, training, games, all while tweeting negatively about the team and engaging in twitter wars with random people.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I can't believe this guy posted that email on twitter. LOL

Saying he's "been in contact" does not mean he's seeing the therapist by the way.

Also, the therapist almost assuredly has Royce's best interests at heart rather than a desire to help the team to win games. He will have no desire to get involved in a PR war between Royce and the Rockets. Royce should respect that and leave him out of it.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

He is saying that the appointments have been "suggested/encouraged" but not required by the Rockets.