1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ya BISH? Is this some kind of northern Boston slang?

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Patrick and Parsons replied that they took it :grin:

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

his first year with houston wasnt that good. dunno if it takes him a whole season to get used to a new team unless it lottery boudn like when he was with the nets.

but daaaam .3 3s made per game at 24% :(

5. Dei

Dei Member

The guy's a baller who got stuck in really odd situations. He was a stud when he was drafted and with his limited minutes here. Really good role player.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think we really messed up with Court.

He should still be a Rocket. During those stretches when the Rockets cannot score the ball unless Harden is hot, Courtney would be great.

I forget what the circumstances were, but I thought we planned on resigning him. What happened?

I understand Morey's rebuilding ideology, but Court is young and would have been a great piece to help with depth.

I'll take him over Cook any day of the week.

I love our team, but I can't lie. I still miss Kyle, Courtney and Luis (Dragic...meh). Can you imagine how much better off we would be right now with Luis still starting at the 4? Constant jumpers being drained and taking the load off of James....

Yes, I know all of these trades/ releases helped acquire Harden, but damn, we gave up some really underrated players.

I guess it's the loyalty I feel. I felt the same way when we gave up Cat in the Tmac trade. It just seems like sometimes the role players that are thrown into superstar deals to match salaries turn out to be detrimental.

/End Rant :)

#6 Codman, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we would be better with Scola. He gave up too much on D. At first I didn't think PPat was the answer but he has really been on fire. He's proven to me he can hit the three. Sure, he can be soft, but not as soft as Scola. In the last few weeks Patterson has proven a lot to me. Dude has made over half his shots in each of the last like 12 games I think. PPat is beasting right now almost as much as Parsons

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They took Lin's too.

9. Dei

Dei Member

Delfino was cheaper. We also drafted Lamb before the trade.

Courtney wasn't a playmaker anyway. He was a good 3pt shooter but that's about it offensively. He was actually more a stopper. He wouldn't have been such a drastic improvement over Carlos.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lee is a better all-around player than Delfino. I'd take him over Delfino any day.

But you are right about the Lamb draft. Lamb wouldn't have a chance to develop if we had Lee. But now, Lamb is gone. I'd rather have Lee than Douglas, Cook, or Delfino backing up the 2 spot.

11. conquistador#11

or budinger! miss that guy. as a whole, we have some really nice starters that overall have some high rankings when they're on the court. Once the bench goes in, everything goes down the sink. =(

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think the problem is we traded him away before OKC told us they'd trade Harden. At 6M a year he'd be like TD and Delfino combined, however at the time we already had Kmart as the huge expiring and Lamb as the potential rook.

If OKC told us they'd trade Harden before Clee got resigned I think he'd still be on the squad. Then again, Clee was itching for a starting spot so maybe he would have wanted to try FA anyway.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Röckëts were clearing space for signing Lin and Asik while keeping some cap room to still try for a Dwight trade (and other possible moves). My guess is that if they managed to land an elite player (like Dwight Howard) before A decision on Lee had to be made, they would have tried harder to keep Lee as a complementary player.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

HE most probably got it from here:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iMR45VOKj58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Dei

Dei Member

Lee's a role player. He won't change the landscape backing up Harden on the second unit that's gonna be worth the extra salary. There are much more pressing concerns, even on the first unit, like getting a post option.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Doc can tell the media it's cuz I sat 12 min before going in, I don't give a Damn I have to either make or at least hit rim!! I blew this 1!</p>&mdash; Courtney Lee (@CourtneyLee2211) <a href="https://twitter.com/CourtneyLee2211/status/277257421758554112" data-datetime="2012-12-08T03:44:55+00:00">December 8, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23imaceltic">#imaceltic</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23CelticsNation">#CelticsNation</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23greennation">#greennation</a>. My apologies there's no excuses I coulda sat 1hr I have to at least hit rim, ill take this one!!!!</p>&mdash; Courtney Lee (@CourtneyLee2211) <a href="https://twitter.com/CourtneyLee2211/status/277258237785542656" data-datetime="2012-12-08T03:48:09+00:00">December 8, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

took it like a man,

he played his heart out when he was here, good luck c.lee

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

An NBA athlete demonstrating maturity and accountability?

*gasp*

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

#3ptTrooper

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Courtney is kind of prone to choking in pressure situations. He actually tweeted something like this before when he choked here in Houston. I wasn't watching this game, but it sounds like he airballed a wide open three with 25 seconds left in OT lol.