1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston Rockets Salary Cap Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jan 31, 2012.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

3. gatsby

gatsby Member

Thank you, BimaThug.

Please know that we very much appreciate these and what you bring to this board. It was tough watching you go, but happy to see you're back and in good spirits. Much love.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He has returned! Thanks, Bima.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe Cuban will accept a one-sided trade from Stern in exchange for favorable officiating in the playoffs.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Glad you are back

7. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Thanks Bima! "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Love this guy!

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The target is Dwight and Deron, not one or the other. Morey is going to hold out for moves that make acquiring both of them through free agency or trade possible.

If Morey can offer basically our starting lineup minus Parson plus Patterson or Morris and get Dwight, he's gonna do it. He'll take Dwight, Hedo, and all the other crap Orlando wants to get rid of, so long as it leaves us in a position to sign Deron outright after the season. If he can get Dwight in a major trade on March 15 or before, then he has a very, very good chance to get Deron in trade or free agency as well.

And hopefully free agency is the way it goes down and Deron signs here as a FA instead of us trading for him. Because if that happens, we still got a draft pick or two plus Parsons plus possibly DMo to go with the Double Ds.

10. arjun

arjun Member

11. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

1 - Can't wait for March Deadline
    2 - Can't wait for Playoffs 2012
    3 - Can't wait for 2012 Free Agency
    4 - Can't wait for 2012 Season!!!

Morey has the electicity ON for the Rockets, man! I hope we're humming at ALL of these milestones.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't want to wait another year for Motiejunas unless it means we're getting a superstar.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The question for me here is which of the following do we do:

1.) Outbid other teams for one unextended superstar via, to try and lure another with cap space in the offseason, while selling them on the city/team in the latter half of the year. This way you can retain some roleplayers.

2.) Dump the farm for both Howard AND Dwill, having two unextended superstars, but no depth/roleplayers or future picks.

3.) Do nothing and try and lure one here in the offseason while retaining a stellar cast of players.

It will definately be an interesting spring/summer.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice work.

DD

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

larsv8,

is there any question in your mind that if Dwight is traded on March 15 that Morey will have done everything he can to acquire Dwight including throwing in the kitchen sink?

I'm not saying we are going to get him. But if Dwight is traded on March 15, I believe that Morey will have put a very substantial amount of assets on the table for Orlando. IMO, it's gonna take the Clips offering up both Blake/Deandre or the Lakers offering up both Bynum/Pau to top the trade value Morey puts on the table for Dwight.

Bima,

I don't see another team with the combination of talent, draft picks, expiring contracts, and cap space flexibility to go along with the willingness to take a risk on trading for Dwight without commitment from him to re-sign to outdo us. Do you?

The question I have is where does Morey go if Orlando trades Dwight elsewhere? I think there is a possibility that Lowry/Scola/expiring goes to the Lakers for Pau.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bima,

What about the option of amnestying Scola or Martin?

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just my two cents about this because I've talked about this before... I suppose if both Deron and Dwight were within reach, that would be one thing. BUT, just looking at the two:

Scola still has a lot of guaranteed money left on his deal -- it would be an expensive amnesty this early. Martin has one year left beyond this season, and I tend to think he could be easily dealt for an expiring, if it came to that.

I would guess it just depends on who the Rockets believe they can get and sign by then. I have to think this team will be very different come March 15th.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bima,

What about the option of amnestying Scola or Martin?

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry man... did I kill the joke? :)

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

More like put it out of its misery. :)