1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orl meet with mavs about Dwight, orlando also prefers lakers offer over rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11champs, Jul 31, 2012.

1. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

after arguing for months, the dwight believers and the dwight haters are finally beating each other.
    [​IMG]

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was D-Up. You have any pull to get my original moniker back?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nope, but my suggestion would be to become a contributing member (just whatever you can afford. Check the Tip Jar link on the Front Page), which will let you edit and search, which I use all the time. It might take Clutch a little bit to change your status to contributing member. He's a really busy guy with a business and a family. Shoot him an e-mail if you don't see a status change soon after a contribution. Then send him another e-mail explaining who you were back in the day, and asking politely if you could get back your old moniker. It's rare that he does that, but worth a try. Good luck! :)-

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-Up
    Since: May 2002
    Member: #4317

That you? :p

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's me. Lurked for years before actually signing up. Then I lost my moniker after a 6 months absence.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks man! I will def take it under advisement.

7. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Black kettle is Black.

What will your posts look like if Morey fails?

8. rocketblood713

9. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Not sure if this was posted in the other Dwight thread, but anyone know who this kid is?

https://twitter.com/aqs18

Of course, I'm extremely skeptical. But it's good for a laugh, no?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, that's Abdul Siddiqui, a former poster on here who was banned. He was A_Sidd1990 and ascaptjack.

He's been trolling on twitter and the Magic message board saying he is an insider and has sources, lulz.

11. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Well I certainly found it hilarious. The picture seals the deal.

12. OpportunityCost

But still, what Dwight wants, IMO can have a great influence on Hennigan's options for trading him. Henningan wants the best deal he can get of course, but if a team knows that Dwight says he will not sign with them next season, I think that lessens the odds of that team trying to trade for him, hypothetically. So, I think it does matter what Dwight wants in this case.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Not unless Dwight expands his list. When his list effectively has one team (LA), and what that team has to offer (Bynum) isn't that appealing to Orlando... unless they can find a third team willing to give more for Bynum (also on a one-year contract) than the Rockets are willing to give for Howard, the Rockets are in great shape.

The only dynamic that can change things is if Dwight decides to expand his list. But if he continues to have only one team on it, that levels the playing field and puts the power back with Orlando (and by extension, Houston).

14. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

LMMAAOOOO!

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This is spot on.

Here is where it gets interesting, if we don't get Howard and we go ahead and tank out the season, and wind up with two lottery picks along with our youngsters, we could create enough cap space to sign or trade for two max contracts to go along with the rest of our current youngsters. You tell me who is going to have the best situation for Dwight to walk to next summer? And not only him but what about pairing him with Paul and possibly a guy like Shabazz and/or Cody Zeller, McAdoo, etc. If Dwight doesn't get traded here, then there is the very real possibility of him walking here next summer.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Last I heard Morey and Co. were at the Olympics .... Not sure if they are "working on a deal" while there or not .... Seems like BS to me.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL at you all. Of course the Mav's-Magic trade is going nowhere. They can offer only offal in return.

I honestly cannot see the Magic accepting Bynum. It does not solve ANY of the franchises problems. And it is a half step down in talent.

1 person likes this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Im not so sure he gives a damn about who has the best situation , if that were the case , I dont believe he would have told LA from the get go he wouldnt resign there cause LA would be a solid landing spot with very legit shot at winning a Larry O'Brien trophy.

New Jersey won 22 games last season and added .... Joe Johnson to that train wreck killing any roster flexability they had. Sure they have Deron and Wallace (excluding Lopez) but does anyone really believe that team with Howard competes with either Boston or Miami in a seven game series?

Dude has NY on the brain .... bright lights and endorsements, not winning championships.

Having been to NY a few times .... who the hell wants to live there ?!

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

We can hate all we want, but if New Jersey were to somehow trade for D12 with their lineup somewhat still in tact you can't tell me they wouldn't be able to compete with Miami. They would immediately become 1b in the East (Miami = 1a)

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

So you're implying the "best" situation for Dwight is to be in a city with a big market and media attention. The point still stands though, how can any team in NY or LA acquire Howard? None of them could sign him as a max agent. None of them have much to offer in trade that Orlando wants, not without the involvement of a smaller market team.

Doesn't matter if he has NY on the brain. Unless he removes max money from his head and put 5 mill a year in it instead, he won't be going to NY via FA. And unless Orlando thinks Lopez is a better option than anything else out there, he won't be going there via trade either. Time for him to move on....