1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dynamo Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Nov 30, 2011.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The Houston Dynamo have declined contract options on Bobby Boswell, Eddie Robinson, Jason Garey and Hunter Freeman. The four veterans are all eligible for the Major League Soccer Re-Entry Draft Process.

Other moves:
    Brian Ching was selected by the Montreal Impact in the expansion draft, they may or may not get him back.
    Fransisco Navas Cobo and Evan Newton were released.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I'd be more mad if boswell doesn't return then ching...

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If they did not plan on keeping Boswell, why did they waste a protected spot on him for the expansion draft?

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Ching will likely be back in one way or another. I think they'll work out a trade for him or he will retire and come work for the team. Maybe he can then pull an Onstead and un-retire should injuries happen and they need a forward. I'm not his biggest fan but it's clear the team plays better with him on the field.

With Davis on the wrong side of 30 now, they really need to invest in central midfield this offseason. What are the thoughts on Camargo? This system is built on a central mid (a la DeRo and Holden) that can hold the ball, penetrate, and score from distance. Since those 2 left, that has been a gaping hole. I don't think there is anyone domestically that can fill that. They're going to have to find it overseas.

#5 leroy, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  6. DrLudicrous

I agree that he'll be back in some form. And when he's on the roster we're better with him on the field, but the cap space that is freed up if he doesn't come back as a player could help fill the void.

I really like Camargo and think he'd do well as the attacking mid, but if we can get a natural attacking mid and move Camargo back to defensive mid I think we'd be much better off.

1 person likes this.
  7. leroy

From what I've seen of Camargo, defensive mid is his natural position...much like Ricardo Clark but with actual skills. He can defend well but actually hold the ball and distribute. He's just not a scorer from what I've seen.

8. SwoLy-D

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Camargo's option has been picked up. He'll be a Dynamo player again next season.

Also announced, our first match will be against the Goats, Chivas USA, in March.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i havent logged into bs in a while.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Compass Colosseum would be a cool name

13. DrLudicrous

14. SwoLy-D

LOL @ the logo designers... that view of the Houston Skyline looks nothing like what peeps from the stadium will see. FAIL. :grin:

[​IMG]

It's a view from the EAST (on the logo) and it doesn't even have the stadium... they should have gone with the landmarks on the other side, like Minute Maid Park, George R. Brown, Toyota Center, etc., while having the larger and taller buildings towering over behind them, IN MY OPINION. :eek: I don't know how other cities' stadium logos which have the skylines go, but... I noticed this earlier...

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The skyline looks best viewing it east or south (coming from the west side of town or north side of town)

The skyline doesn't pop out viewing it from 59.

I'm not really down with the logo myself.

16. SwoLy-D

Sure, but we can at least say that the opposite side, what with all those other landmarks, deserves some love. No one needs to say or see that the "59 side sucks." (or do they?) :(

It's like the CHASE tower and the Continental Airlines building were both sadly forgotten... and now One Main Place (I think it has a different name) is a visible structure from all around town.

I'm just sayin', the stadium is NOT on the side of the skyline in the logo and it should be.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

you whine about the dumbest stuff sometimes.

18. SwoLy-D

Sometimes? :grin:

If you don't care enough, it's up to you, RocketMan95. :eek:

19. leroy