1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carroll Dawson running workouts for Joey Dorsey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

FSN halftime video ... I was wondering what Dorsey was up to.

<object width="480" height="388"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5RTi77n9XaI&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5RTi77n9XaI&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="388"></embed></object>

2. Ismail

Ismail Member

Good to see CD helping him out. Hopefully he'll be productive for us.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I saw it at the half..
    and all I can say is wow Joey Dorsey sucks!! :eek:
    <br>
    He needs A LOT of work, and probably will never pan out in the NBA
    too bad, the dude seemed alright

4. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

very kind of him to use his valuable time to tutor a young fellow.

didn't yao develop a great set of post moves under CD's help? I am not saying Dorsey has the talent of Yao, but perhaps CD can help to make the most out of Dorsey for us.

5. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

nice! he is looking good :)

6. AggieRocketFan96

CD is truly a classy individual. He has always been a great instructor of Rockets big men (especially the jump hook) and if Joey Dorsey listens to what CD has to offer, he could be a much more viable player in the future.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch ~ we've learned something today.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

He's in the NBA after four years at Memphis, and he's just now learning to shoot a jump-hook?

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

All I see is Dorsey missing shot after shot inside the paint. LOL. I wish Dorsey the best. :)

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

......haha

11. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Goes to show how little coaching young players get nowadays. I mean, how does a guy like that never get taught a simple jump hook? It looked like he had never even tried it before.

12. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If CD can't teach him some offensive moves then no one can.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Dorsey has too much athletism and strength to throw away if he doesn't work out.

I hope Dorsey works REALLY hard, he looks like he has potential to be a great defensive player. The rockets could really use a bench player who can rebound and defend, and finish shots.

I think Dorsey can be an upgrade to Hayes, though only if Dorsey comes close to being as good as Hayes is rebounding.

14. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

College basketball for 4 years at a top tier basketball school, and he is still trying to learn the hook?

15. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

You have to understand that some basketball players do only what they do the best.

Dorsey did the dunking and defending.

He did nothing else and right now when he came to the league where he needs to do something else than dunking in the offense there goes the hook, shot etc.

You see he is very athletic, he has great talent, body built and muscles but he needs that to develop and I really hope CD can help him.

But what a piece he has been to the organization of Houston Rockets, general manager, ass. coach etc.

16. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

[​IMG]

?

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I didn't know Hayes can finish shots.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He looked terrible,but at least he is trying to learn. Props to CD. He wasn't much of a GM but he is a good big man coach.

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

Yao came with those post moves.. i think JVG and Anthony Falsone had more to do with teaching Yao how to maximize his potential in the low post.. than CD.. and develope some consistency with is now a usually unstoppable baby hook.. that some commentators call a "sky hook" out of his sheer height..

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

what is now^^