1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

We will know when this is over when Royce all of a sudden becomes quiet on TWitter for 12 hours.

2. butterball

butterball Member

Can the league intervene and force Royce to stop? I don't see how else this could end.

3. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

[​IMG]

read da thread dood

4. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You know what else gives Royce White tons of anxiety? Getting fined and not making millions of dollars.

The Rockets management can be so cruel sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

I was just thinking Royce has been quiet. :p It's "only" been 3 hours since his last tweet, so I guess that's a start.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

So why didnt he call it quits after college if he is so concerned about not sacrificing his health for his job? Why take on the jon in the 1st place?

8. Arthurprescott2

I know this kid has problems (not going to practice, etc.) but what worries me the most is the care he's getting. He's literally on twitter all day - arguing with people and obliquely threatening lawsuits, trashing the Rockets, and whoever else. He really needs help. Being holed-up in his room cannot be healthy for him. Why hasn't someone stepped in here? Who is taking care of him? He's only 21. We think that these basketball players are adults who can handle their own business but we've seen time and time again that they aren't. They're just kids. Most of the time it's fine but in Royce's case, someone should step in and get this kid some real treatment.

9. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He actually left college early.....because his "mental health" is priority #1.:rolleyes:

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tough to say without the details. I'm still waiting to hear from Daryl Morey. It is obvious that the Rockets and Royce are both holding something back. I think it is going out on a pretty big ledge to make such trashy comments attacking Royce White's character.

Are you sure? Are you?

(Is Marcus Morris a bust?) :)

11. Arthurprescott2

For the people who support White, do you think this organization would have done something out of line or been unsupportive of Royce in any way? I'm relatively new here, but I've always gotten the impression that Houston is an above-board organization from afar. Shady/sneaky stuff just doesn't go on here like it does on the Red Sox or the Knicks. Can you point to a time where the Rox haven't met all reasonable standards of conduct in relations with a player?

The worst I can imagine from the Rockets side is that they failed to account for how serious the problem was and maybe failed in hand-holding Royce enough. But that's merely a failure of knowledge. As opposed something as grimy as outright discrimination, scorn, ridicule, ostracizing, or even media spin which would all be serious breaches.

So when people say give Royce the benefit of a doubt... what are you expecting the Rockets to have done that is so horrible?

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Seriously?

13. ApuN

ApuN Member

His apologists nor Royce White himself can say what the Rockets have or haven't done. Why be specific when you have a built in excuse for not going to work??

You have to understand the whole twitter bombing started after (gasp) - the Rockets decide to send him to the D-League

If White were actually to be forced to answer questions from the media, his charade would come tumbling down

This whole episode has been a one-sided self deluded rant, written, produced, and directed by Mr. Royce White

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've read it, both the good and the bad.

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think you nailed it. We are definitely a great franchise, but I think the combination of McHale's old school mentality and potential lack of sensitivity, combined with Morey's shrewd asset collection, is a bad mix for someone in Royce's condition. Royce wants to be seen as a person, and he wants to feel at home. A potentially tough environment to create in the NBA, which is a business.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

From my perspective, it seems that there is not enough information out there to make such a judgement call on someone's character. Especially when it concerns someone's mental sickness.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not in a position to defend or accuse Royce of anything, but does anyone here really know what happened or is happening?

Royce has issues, no doubt. I hope the guy can get things straight on or off the Rockets because one of the worst feelings I've ever had being a Rockets fan was the day they found Eddie Griffin dead. I'm sure not about to jump on some guy that was either wronged or is lying, but in either case, seems to have other issues.

1 person likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why not work at the thing you love and have devoted your life to, unless something is preventing you from that?

It's true the thing preventing White from working may have been made worse because of some bad decisions he made. But that doesn't change the fact there are issues that play a part in what's going on.

What's silly is people who have no idea about the issues White faces, making claims like they are sure they are correct based on absolutely no knowledge of the situation.

19. poing

poing Member

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I love all the people standing up for White! Go Royce!

hopefully when you are out of the NBA these people will still be there for you!

1 person likes this.