1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billups Flop

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kuku, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Billups flopped during a close game against Jazz. Cost Jazz the game and I expect more than a flop warning on this one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QmTshvfmMHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That should be a suspension.

3. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I don't know, looks like he just lost his balance from the shot, happens all the time. It's the refs fault for seeing a hit that was not there.

4. supdudes

supdudes Member

That should be fine. Billups needs therapy to kick the habit

5. ling ling

ling ling Member

Not a flop. Defender ran into his left elbow, knocking him down.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yes it was a flop, but he should just get the standard warning.

And **** the Jazz, taste of their own medicine lol.

Oh and I'm really dissapointed in the lack of flop warnings and fines the league has been handing out. It disgusts me that they've only warned/fined like 5 people and there have been about 50 obvious flops this year.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Just like Harden ran into Artest's elbow!

8. victorx91

victorx91 Member

He stuck his left elbow out to draw the "contact" after he let the show go. Flop.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm OK with the Jazz getting screwed by flops. Karma's a b****.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, it's karma. But the Clippers have taken the Jazz's place as the worst flopping team in the league.

BTW, our boys Lowry and Martin were masters at drawing 3-FT shots like that.

The way they call these fouls is simply sending out a message to defenders: Don't ever try to block a 3-pt shots or we'll call foul every single time whether you touch the shooter or not.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I did not see any wrong-doing in there.

12. bongman

bongman Member

He also kicked his left foot foot out ala Reggie Miller which caused the contact

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

At the least it's a bad call and could be an offensive foul for kicking the feet out.

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

This was followed by a make-up call in favor of the Utah, where some Jazz scrublord drove right to the basket and got his shot cleanly blocked by DeAndre Jordan, who was called for a foul anyway. Because Utah.

The Salt Lake City crowd is used to highly weighted games in their favor, and it's the not-so-secret secret to their vaunted success at home.

I've been playing or watching ball for decades and I thought the dubious officiating in Utah would go away after the Stockton / Malone era. It didn't. I thought alright, maybe there is just something going on with league relationships with Jazz management or Coach Jerry Sloan. But now they're gone and nothing's changed either. It seems to be just the way games are officiated in Utah.

So if a miserable Jazz team finally gets a whistle going against them at home? I praise it. I welcome it. Even if it's an exaggeration of marginal contact, more of the same please. The universe has already been thrown way out of whack by the inordinate amount of home cooking going on at Salt Lake. More. More flops. More flops for the Flop God!

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Chauncey "Big Flop" Billups

16. Jimes

Jimes Member

Haha, he missed the defender with his leg but successfully drew the contact with his elbow. The defender would have easily gone right by him if he hadn't made that unnatural motion. So bad...

17. gah

gah Member

-This is where it gets interesting: forbidden as it is now, if a flop can possibly win you the game, wouldn't you do it at that critical moment?

-That's why flopping is part of the game and will always be unless they go ballistics on it and start reviewing plays right after they happen. (Thinking about it now, I might not be opposed if it is added to the list of things they can review inside the two minutes).

-These rules are there to reduce the amount of occurrences. It's like asking your buddy to stop cheesing on Street Fighter, he's gonna keep on cheesing as long as it helps him to win.

18. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

FLOP CITY IS BACK

19. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

LOL What?

Dude lose his balance, he kicked his freakinleg out ala Reggie Miller. Fine or suspension is warranted

20. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

fixed