1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just wait till Lin plays up to his potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Oct 31, 2012.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Harden + Lin = one of the best backcourts in the NBA

Those two already seem to have a lot of chemistry already and that backcourt cut + pass from Lin to Harden was straight outta da early Linsanity playbook.

Now we just need to wait for Lin here to get his rhythm and knee back, while cutting down on the TOs (I still think the issue is a bit overrated and def used as a clutch argument against him most of the time, but its a legit weakness he can def improve on) and also getting more consistent with his outside shot.

But it was evident tonight that we need to ride these two hard cuz our bench....well...is nonexistent.

I still sense that Lin is still trying to find his groove in terms of how he would like to play ala during Linsanity , not necessarily getting close to that kind of production, but the play style and swagger. I also believe that the lack of a legitimate high PnR strategy set for him right now has a lot to do with it and I think over time he might be given more opportunities for those.

Here's to hoping Lin keeps progressing in terms of his health and his floor game. So far, solid start.

1 person likes this.
  2. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Lin's jumper was still a bit off tonight, and he still can't quite finish at the rim with blown layups.

But his court vision was OUTSTANDING. And to the Lin detractors, his DEFENSE tonight was also very good.

When he gets more confident with his shot, watch out. And let me say this right now, after tonight Harden will be commanding a double team on every possession. This will improve Lin's game but he needs to hit his shot.

At the end of the day, I think this is the kind of role that Lin himself would prefer, to be Robin to Harden's Batman.

3. David Stern

David Stern Member

Lin looks better than I thought he would. Still wish we gave gogi the player option.

4. mo_waiham

mo_waiham Member

He just has to get that rust out of his knees and release a little quicker when he's at the rim. He'll be back up there in no time if he keeps at it.

5. MKL

MKL Member

Lin has clutch genes, he usually plays better under pressure. However, if he gets called for offensive fouls, his scoring production goes down. The refs has a lot of influence on his stats.

Tonight, the Refs hurt Lin and Parson's stats. But remember it was Pistons home opener. It will be a fun season. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. torocan

torocan Member

Lin never wants to be the #1 scoring option on the team. He prefers to score when it makes sense or if he's needed. It's why he makes other players better... he looks for his team mates, but takes what the defense gives him.

If he has to, he can put up 20+... but he's happier making sure everyone puts up points. It's why McHale had to tell him to worry less about getting everyone their shots while they're sorting the chemistry out.

Think of him more as Alfred than Robin. :p

1 person likes this.
  7. MKL

MKL Member

Hater

and stop calling him gogi, it makes me cringe like scratching chalkboards. serious.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lin wasn't bad tonight. I thought he had a solid performance.

9. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Just because a fan likes Dragic more than Lin doesn't make him a hater. Educate yourself LOF. Tinman goes to extreme at times but there is a reason he exists.

10. Gil

Gil Member

Yeah Lin was solid. He's no Dragic/Lowry but he clearly has potential.

11. King Boo

King Boo Member

This. A good coach tailors his offense to his talent and not the other way around. It's baffling to me why McHale doesn't use this more considering Lin made his name on this play in NY. He also got no respect from the refs tonight, though hopefully that'll change as the season goes on.

Jeremy has looked legit running the offense and on defense as well though. The shooting touch and "Linsanity" finishes will come with time.

12. The Brian

The Brian Member

lin was +23 tonight. when he wasn't on the floor, the rockets didn't look the same.

as good as harden was tonight (very), lin's play was a huge part of why they won. and the best thing about it is he will get better as the season progresses.

2 people like this.
  13. conquistador#11

I wish he would slow down a tad sometimes it seems like he is rushing. He can run an offense. You saw what happened when douglas entered the game.

14. King Boo

King Boo Member

Hater is a stupid word to throw around willy-nilly like that. That said, isn't it kind of weird to bring up Dragic every time someone mentions Lin? It's like every time you compliment a player, someone else says "Yeah sure, but he's no Michael Jordan." Annoying, no?

Don't even try to explain Trollman's reasoning. He's just a troll going about his trolling ways.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Good point.

16. King Boo

King Boo Member

Jeremy was +23 tonight. TD was -14 in his 13 minutes on the court. :eek:

17. Arthurprescott2

Weird though right? I can't quite pinpoint what it is. He runs the offense much better than Douglas. Knows spacing and what not. But why is the defense better when he's on the floor? :confused:

18. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

tinman would tell you to stop talking about, other players on another team...

unless he just says it to LOFs

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Harden+gogi or lowry would be better imo...lin is what he is after the craziness. He's gonna avg 14pts 7assists and 4rbs imo..which is good, but def can upgrade at pg once his contract is up or is in its final year

20. Arthurprescott2

Basically either Lin, Parsons or Harden need to be on the floor at all times since no one off the bench can keep the team together for even 5 mins at a time. Hopefully Delfino steps into that role. Would have been nice to keep Livingston for that role instead of Douglas.