1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Kevin Durant to Houston? Don't Hold Your Breath

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Oct 23, 2013.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So you're telling me there's a chance!

3. basketballholic

Too far away to spend time on it. However if Durant leaves OKC it will most likely be through trade in his last season. Firstly, Durant has loyalty ... a long ago lost term in the big business of sports. So the odds of him leaving OKC are much lower because of that fact alone. Secondly, Durant has manners...another one of those long ago lost terms in the big business world of sports. If Durant decides he wants out of OKC or he is not going to re-sign he will let the Thunder know ahead of time and they will trade him. So if he is moved from OKC he'll be traded. No doubt about it.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

party pooper

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What a killjoy!

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If Durant wanted to come here, Morey would find a way.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew when i saw the thread and Bima's name that the money would be a problem.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The only way I could see Houston getting KD is if OKC trades him to Houston. I'm not sure what DM could offer OKC in a deal that could not easily be topped by someone else.

10. basketballholic

Something more timely would be to discuss the Thunder's trade options for Westbrook if they flame out of this year's playoffs (which I think will happen). Westbrook is vastly overrated. And OKC has another long, athletic freak coming up behind him at PG in Reggie Jackson. In my opinion Jackson eclipses Westbrook by miles in the basketball iq department, surpasses Westbrook defensively, and approaches Westbrook in offensive ability. If OKC punks out this year I can see Westbrook getting traded.

And this is what probably started the speculation by Jalen concerning Durant. Jalen does know things discussed behind the scenes. Since Durant's contract runs out before Westbrook's does...then it is logical that if Jalen knows that Durant will consider leaving OKC if Westbrook is gone that is assuming a trade of Westbrook prior to Durant's free agency. The Westbrook/Love LA connection makes a lot of sense. Remember last year Kobe really building Westbrook up?

So, most likely is Jalen found out Durant's thought process if Westbrook is traded away and Durant is left in OKC alone playing with a bunch of role players and trying to compete for rings with Ibaka, himself, and parts. In that scenario...Durant will most likely want to leave. Dude does want to win badly. He wants his legacy.

With Lebron on the scene with 2 rings already and staring at a third one..the scenario shifts for all these guys. They realize what they have to do to get rings. They realize that Lebron is going to spend his career surrounded by 2 other superstars and a bunch of good role players. These other superstars realize they have to team up otherwise Lebron runs away with 6-8 rings. Hence the attractiveness of Houston's situation. That won't change going forward unless Dwight or Harden poop out ahead of time.

#10 basketballholic, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

... and Sam Presti would go from "Guy Who Traded Top 5 Player To Houston" to "Guy Who Traded TWO Top 5 Players To Houston."

12. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Y u gotta b lik dat Bima

::EDIT::

*Ahem*

What I meant to say was, "Why do you have to be like that, Bima?"

In that thread there was a post by someone who basically said that if we didn't resign Parsons would could then sign Durant. Now, as far from reality as that may be, I didn't see anyone jump on that post. Why? Because we need to dream.

Similarly, it is unlikely that I will convince my wife and Jennifer Lawrence to join me in some sort of polyamorous relationship, but I don't need you to go and write down in detail why that won't happen.

#13 Haymitch, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  14. LOK

LOK Member

you mean reggie jackson? reggie williams is in houston

15. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Where are you DocRocket? Make me a believer..........

16. Normalus

Normalus Member

Is there only me?

[​IMG]

17. basketballholic

Sorry about that. fixed.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

So you're saying it was all a dream. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It really all just depends on how OKC plays the next few years.

Westbrook as egotistical as he is, is going to want his own franchise.

Look at the West

OKC(Durant,Westbrook,Ibaka-terrible bench outside of Reggie Jackson)
    Spurs(Parker, Duncan,Ginobli-deep)
    Memphis(Conley,Randolph,Gasol-good bench)
    Clippers(Paul,Blake,Jordan-great bench)
    Rockets(Howard,Harden,Parsons-great bench)
    Warriors(Curry,Iggy,Thompson-good bench)

There is no guarantee that OKC is good enough to even get to the WCF anymore. Teams have caught up. There GM has screwed the pooch. As loyal as Kevin is, does he want to be seen as the loyal guy who never won anything? Or does he want to be considered the best of his generation next to Lebron? You need rings to accomplish this feat, and OKC lost out on that chance when they shipped Harden off to Houston.

20. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'll go out on a limb and say Hinkle and the sixers will convince KD to join phili after wiggins leads the league in PPG