1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lin complementing Felton and calling himself "exposed".

Feels like he will be happy just to make it through the game tonight rather than looking to take over.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

D'antoni is truly the PG stimulus package

Providing PG's millions of dollars

3. rokit

rokit Member

lol

did lin really use that word "exposed"?

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its kinda easy to play good basketball when Felton has no expectations of himself whatsoever. Knicks fans were so distraught over losing Jeremy that they expected Felton to be a steaming pile of ****.

While all Rockets fans were expecting some sort of superstar talent out of Lin. Sucks, but the contract he got did him no favors.

I feel sorry for Lin. The high expectations that probably kept him from getting kicked out of the league is ultimately going to be the same thing that is going to kick him out anyway.

5. VanityHalfBlack

You're Jeremy Lin????

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Felton has been better this season. Lin was better last season. Lin still has higher upside IMO.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Possibly the worst word he could use.

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Since when Melo was a big part of Linsanity?

9. rokit

rokit Member

what felton said is cool, he's definitely not "hating".

i think he's a very good player. he used to suck in portland though - the system wasn't right for him and he felt the coach had no confidence in him. ;)

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Patience to reporters: "I'm no doubt better than Jeremy Lin, too."

11. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Sonds like the situation Lin is in right now.:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I agree... oh wait you were talking about Felton.

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's a good thing Raymond Felton is back in New York, because Trailblazers fans hated his guts. He was a big part of how that team slid into mediocrity and didn't even make the playoffs last season, after their own (5-1) hot start.

It may be the essence of Raymond Felton to start seasons strong and finish weak. I will be cackling with glee when Knicks fans are starting their own petulant WHO IS TO BLAME threads down the road when that train inevitably comes off the tracks.

14. pnr

pnr Member

I feel Lin does not trust his knees mentally enough yet, and that's why he hasn't been as explosive going to the hole. Let's hope he gets that back this season. Felton didn't say anything bad. The NY Post is absolute trash and probably twisted around his words. Felton is an average player and what you see this year is probably his ceiling.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

JLin says he's being exposed...LOL

16. pnr

pnr Member

Where? I doubt he'd say that. If it's in NYPost, then it's BS.

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

“I’ve been exposed a lot early on in the season and I have a lot to work on,’’ Lin said. “I’m young. I’ve probably started 30-something games my entire career. I felt better before [the surgery,] but it’s just a process. We have three days off after [tomorrow] and there’s going to be a lot of things I’m going to do for my leg, knee. Just explosive stuff we’re trying to work on. That will come eventually.

18. pnr

pnr Member

Well he's his own worst critic. It is weird of him to say it so bluntly though. This tells me his knee has a big influence on his play of late. Let's hope he didn't reaggravate it.

19. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Did Melo claim that he was the one who asked MDA to start Lin? I actually like Melo's game. He can play both 3 & 4. He is hard to stop in the lowpost as a 3 and too quick for most 4's.

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

These are encouraging words, to be honest. It means we're not witnessing some sort of Jeremy Lin ceiling, and that there is lots of room for improvement down the road--physically at the very least.