1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

oakley does it.... again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jamma34, Apr 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamma34

jamma34 Member

smacks tyrone hill (again) after the morning shootaround!!
    from espn.com

TORONTO – Toronto's Charles Oakley was suspended for one game without pay and fined $10,000 Tuesday for confronting Philadelphia's Tyrone Hill and striking him in the head with a basketball following the morning shootaround.

Before a preseason game, Oakley slapped Hill and both were ejected.

"Every time we play each other Oakley says something about Hill," Philadelphia's Eric Snow said. "He'll say 'Where's Hill at?"'

Oakley missed the Raptors' game against the 76ers on Tuesday night. Toronto entered the game tied for sixth in the Eastern Conference.

Oakley also was suspended for three games and fined $15,000 for punching Jeff McInnis of the Los Angeles Clippers during a morning shootaround in December.

"I'm very disappointed and very upset," Toronto coach Lenny Wilkens said. "I'm not going to display it so you can write about it.

"The timing is all bad. It's not good judgment on Oakley's part. It hurts the team and him."

Wilkens said further discipline from the team would also be considered.

"I haven't decided on anything yet," Wilkens said. "If it's a personal thing, or something that needs to be settled, it shouldn't be brought to the court."

------------------
    president of the sleepy floyd to hall of fame club.

http://www.it-is-truth.org

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Well, if they would just keep away from Oaks wiminz* [​IMG]

*women

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Oakley is such a jackass, this punishment isn't nearly enough for someone who keeps doing the same thing over and over.

------------------

4. Band Geek Mobster

I used to hate Oakley so much, but after watching the Rockets this last season I gotta say we need a guy like him. Someone that scares the hell out of other teams.

If we just had one enforcer in the paint that bends the rules a little, I bet the Rockets would be in the playoffs.

I don't want Oakley though b/c he's crazy. I just want someone like him. [​IMG]

It's pretty funny that he's stalking Hill though.

------------------
    "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited April 04, 2001).]

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Oakley is one of the biggest idiot in the NBA. He talks about how the young people dont have it together. Well look at his dumb butt! Going around pimp slapping everyone! Who the hell does he think he is?

------------------

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Oakley is a moron.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Charles Oakley is a punk and thug. Even Dream said that he was a dirty player after Oakley's punk play against Dream the lockout shortened season, and of course his run in with Charles Barkley, I wish Charles would have broken a bone on that guy. And Oakley whines that the young players are ruining the game, thing he puts on an oversized ring and nearly kills one of them, Jeff McGinnis. Somebody called Shandon Anderson a piece of garbage, Charles Oakley is a piece of garbage! [​IMG]

------------------
    Meow!

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

More from Charles.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2001/0404/1167620.html

CLEVELAND -- Now, Charles Oakley is picking fights with the NBA.

The Toronto forward said Wednesday the NBA is to blame for his latest confrontation with an opponent during a morning shootaround and that it "does not care" about the Raptors because the team is in Canada.

Oakley was suspended one game without pay and fined $10,000 for confronting Philadelphia's Tryone Hill and striking him in the head with a basketball Tuesday morning.

"I didn't hurt my team," Oakley said. "The league hurt the team. They hurt the team by putting it in Canada.

"NBA security reported what happened, but didn't report about not getting them off the court until 11:15 when we're there at 11. I told the NBA, 'You all let go on what you want to let go on, but you're making me out the issue.' I'm not the issue. The league is the issue."

It was Oakley's second run-in this season with Hill. Before a preseason game, he slapped Hill and both were ejected.

Oakley also was suspended for three games and fined $15,000 for punching Jeff McInnis of the Los Angeles Clippers during a morning shootaround in December.

Oakley, a Cleveland native, used to play ball with Hill during the offseason when the 76ers' forward was with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 1993-97.

"I used to do a lot of things," Oakley said. "We played ball together, but we'll never be friends. I wouldn't do business with a clown."

Raptors coach Lenny Wilkens, who had expressed disappointment Tuesday with Oakley's behavior, said he has spoken with him about it.

"It's a personal matter between those two," Wilkens said. "I told Charles I'd prefer that he take care of it on his own time."

Wilkens said he considered further discipline by the team.

"You can't do anything more than what the NBA has done," Wilkens said. "That's a rule."

While Oakley would not expound on his dispute with Hill, he did express displeasure with the NBA "ignoring" the Raptors.

"They don't care about the team," he said. "It's not easy getting back into the States all the time. You got to go through customs, get checked by dogs."

------------------
    Founder and President of the Houston Homers Club(HHC) - Are you a homer? Join now!

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.

9. jamma34

jamma34 Member

"They don't care about the team," he said. "It's not easy getting back into the States all the time. You got to go through customs, get checked by dogs."

i guess a lot of that 60% of potheads must be from canada ... [​IMG]

------------------
    president of the sleepy floyd to hall of fame club.

http://www.it-is-truth.org

10. AlissonMurphy

AlissonMurphy New Member

This is exactly what i was looking for. thank you for the informative post and keep up the good work!

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OADyk6o5yTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OADyk6o5yTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. YaosDirtyStache

Well this has been unburied from almost 10 years ago. NICE.

13. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

With that said......

This is exactly what i was looking for. thank you for the informative post and keep up the good work!

14. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Where do I sign up for the service you're offering??

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What the hell is going on??

Oh, and this is exactly what I was looking for....yada yada yada

16. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

you're thanking someone over 8 years later???

17. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

This is a spam bot guys, haven't seen many of these slip thru the crack on cf.net before. Must have relaxed the registration rules a bit.... Or else this is a genius spam bot.

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Somewhere Tyrone Hill is hiding in a closet.

1 person likes this.
  19. ashiin

ashiin Member

Sarca....

never mind.

20. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

hahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.