1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on AT&T Uverse for 2012-13?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by junk151, Jul 15, 2012.

1. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

I called ATT to threaten them that all Rockets/Astros fans will ditch Uverse if it does not carry CSN Houston:)

2. VanityHalfBlack

I hope so man, cause when I called, she said I was the only one complaining about this matter and that it was her first time hearing about the Rockets switch to comcast...

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I will make the switch too.

Its probably worth it anyways so I don't have to deal with that awful Att website

4. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

I contacted Direct TV (10-3-12) and this was their response:

Dear Mr....,

Thank you for writing about Comcast Sportsnet Houston. I appreciate the opportunity to help you today.

I have confirmed that we continue to work with both the Rockets and Astros who own CSN Houston to make it available to our customers for the 2012-13 NBA and upcoming 2013 MLB season next spring. DIRECTV strives to provide all of our customers an unparalleled TV experience at the most reasonable value, and while the costs of sports networks like this one continue to rise, we remain committed to servicing fans and non-fans alike.

I want to assure you that we have a near-perfect success rate of 99.6% when it comes to resolving programming negotiations. Directv.com is the best place to find the latest news and upcoming channels.

As one of our loyal customers, your satisfaction is one of our primary concerns.

Sincerely,

Aubrey S.
    Employee ID 100126090
    DIRECTV Customer Service

5. myco

myco Contributing Member

Right on. I can never find what I'm looking for on there.

6. VictorB

VictorB Member

People, ATT Uverse already carries Comcast Sports...it's channel 1714.

It's not part of the sports package, you have to get it added on as part of the HD tier. It's like #0 more channels for $7 a month.

If you want to add it go to channel 9910 and you can add the HD premium tier from there.

1 person likes this.
  7. Prince

Prince Member

I'll rep you 1000 times if this is true.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that's CSN new england

9. Nero

Nero Member

facepalm!

10. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

The plot thickens...

Still we wait.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Damn you Comcast!!!!!:mad:

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

DirecTV carries CSN New England, CSN Chicago, CSN Mid Atlantic and a few others but no CSN Houston!! I have contacted them weekly for the past two months threatening to leave them if they do not get this channel by the time the season starts. They continue to tell me they are striving to get worked out and they will do their best to do so. They better or I will drop their ass real quick. :mad::mad:

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Uverse here...scared as hell about this.

I can't imagine them leaving all the Rocket fans in the dust, especially with Jeremy Lin on the team. C'mon! It's Jeremy Lin! Plus this team will be young and exciting for sure.

1 person likes this.
  14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I called U-verse on Friday to 10-5-12 to see if they have anything worked out yet and I was told they didn't. The first lady I spoke with said that she had never heard about this problem and then I had them transfer me to the cancellation department and the man there said that this is the first call he has had about the Rockets broadcast but he had heard about it.
    If your a U-verse customer you might want to take the time to call, I don't know if it will help any but it won't hurt to try.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sounds like not too many people are complaining from what I read, at least not enough to make them get off their ass. Multiple reports of "this is the first time i heard of this". But you know how it goes, nobody cares about the Rockets unless they are good.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm a U-Verse customer that left Comcast a few years ago and have no intention of ever going back to them, Rockets or not.

My wild guess is Comcast is being unreasonable with other providers since NONE of them have reached an agreement yet. They want to peel off as many Rockets fans as possible before coming down to earth. IMO, they are the ones leaving "Rockets fans in the dust". When you drive a very hard bargain, sometimes it takes a long while for a deal to get done.

If you are going to contact U-Verse and tell them to give in, may as well do the same with Comcast and tell them to stop being jerks.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Yep gonna cancel Uverse/keep the landline and switch to comcast over the weekend.. Tired of this ****...

18. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I had the exact same conversation with the cancellation department rep, asked to sign my name on the "petition" or whatever that form for complainers is called. will try to call EVERY week this month just for the fun of it :rolleyes:

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I just called and pretty much told them that if they don't get their asses rolling on this deal, I'll be cancelling all my Uverse services. I told them I don't miss Rockets game and my sole purpose for having cable is to watch Rockets basketball. She told me she would get my concern to upper management and have someone call me back as soon as possible.

We'll see what happens from here.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bravo. I will do the same next week.