1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

so we gonna act like kevin durant ain't gonna drop 30+ on shane crappier?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

shane's defense has declined and he's a non-factor on offense.

if he's not shutting anyone down and/or grabbing rebounds, there is absolutely no reason for him to be in the game.

i'd rather have rick adelman give more minutes to chase budinger. at least he contributes what he's there to contribute.

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

shane battier has really lost it defensively at this stage of his career. if he isn't hitting his 3's he's just hurting the team.

id like to see budinger or even jermaine taylor at this point. it is a rebuilding year anyway isnt it.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rocket fans...:rolleyes:

4. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

^ Eh he has a point. Shane Battier has gotten so bad that he is worse than Chuck Hayes on offense.

5. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Very rarely does anyone defensively shutdown another player. You can limit their baskets but to shut them down, no. I have no problem with Shane in this regards, but I do wish he'd fine away to put some points on the board. That would cancel out some of what the man your defending scores.

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

What happened to him anyway?? Last time I remembered when the draft was around and we brought him I remember guys saying he is the real deal. This and that. I wonder why he hasn't sniffed the court yet. Hmmmm I guess you can give it to clutchfans for over hyping a guy up.

7. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

So, is we gonna act like this fool deserves any attention? For real? Dawg?

The threads lately have been nothing but idiotic cries from people who haven't been here all that long but feels the need to share every little thought that they have come across their little brains.

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

exactly. nobody expects shane to shut his man down, but where he used to be able to make life tough on his guy he is now routinely getting burned. he lacks the speed to stay in front of his man and the hand-in-the-face trick has lost its novelty and players are just drilling shots over him. shane was a great fit for the tmac/yao centric team where all he had to do was spot up, but he is close to dead weight on this team.

not to make him a scapegoat, since there's alot wrong with this team, but decreasing shane's minutes in favor of one of the younger guys is one thing that the rockets have control over and its frustrating that they haven't done it yet.

9. windz

windz Member

durant will drop 25+ on battier but it will be a low percentage... (I HOPE)

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of Tracy...

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If this is indeed an experimental year, then yes, RA should play C-Bud and even Taylor more. There is really nothing to lose: If the experiment works, we will have more wins and the team makes the playoffs. If it doesn't, we will likely get a high draft pick (draft a center please).

12. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

8-8 and guys are already talking about experimenting?? Wow :confused: :confused: Way to give up after only a month. Hmmmm

13. dookiester

dookiester Member

if you don't think we're already experimenting when trevor ariza goes 1-on-1 trying to create a shot and ends up hitting the side of the backboard, then let me know what rockets team you're watching bc i'd sure like to tune in.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

shane knows he is in the hot seat about now. He is gonna chuck it up behind the 3 point line. All the hype battier gets from nba,kobe,matt, and bill, yet we can't get **** from him.

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

durant will drop 25+ on anybody.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so we gonna act like we ain't been experimenting all year long?

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i dont think you pass on John Wall in favor of a big. not that he is goin to be jordan, kobe, melo, or durant, depends on his work ethic, but he is 6'4" still growing and undeniably talented with great court vision. yeah he could be a kobe or steve francis. but u take that risk. 6'9" wing span has a potential to be a defensive threat for any guard. at the very least pick him up n trade him if he doesnt pan out.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

so we gonna act like shane is not an elite defender

19. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Well lets see. That right there is a coach's problem. Pull is ass to the side and talk to him. WTH was that and thats it. Ariza is over doing it anyway. He is trying to hard instead of doing something things he is accustomed to. I blame Morey and RA for telling him he has the freedom to do him when knowing damn well his whole career he hasn't been doing that.

20. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Sounds like the OP is the NBA equivalent to the longhorn VY fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.