1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think at some point between the draft and training camp, White's view of all this changed...he became more about the cause and nothing else...not that it's wrong, but perhaps the Rockets wouldn't have drafted him, if they knew he was going to be so hard to work with.

2. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Royce White has gotten so overly anxious because most of Houston can't see the Rockets on TV. That's gotta be what this is about!

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jeez Royce, cry me a river. Some people do not have a choice BUT to risk their health, to survive. You are a frikkin athlete, not a soldier, a fireman or a cop. Now those are careers where you put your LIFE on the line.

Your immaturity and sense of entitlement disappoints me.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Travel anxiety is something that's completely workable, esp. since White was a good sell in interviews (expressed himself well), was aware of his problem, and was doing stuff to fix it (he was seeing a doctor, was able to travel on planes before etc). He also had the benefit of a "good character" coach in Hoiberg, who basically swore up and down about White's stability.

To be quite honest I feel no sympathy for White right now, sure he has anxiety disorder but till when does that become a crutch? He was already given permission to go on bus trips, what more does he want from the Houston org? The Rox took a chance on him even when they didn't have to, if they hadn't drafted White we would have gotten our backup C by now.

And to be quite honest, White should man up and suck it up. Sure, the NBA is a player-commodity league, but at this point White himself isn't a ******* commodity, he isn't even good enough to steal minutes away from Parsons/Delfino/Morris etc. If he wants star treatment then he should first play like one, their a bajillion other guys who would die to be in his shoes right now, and 99.99% of them don't have to be babysit or have anxiety disorders.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

more like attention seeking just because he has an disorder. At this point it's not about his health sending cryptic tweets throwing the rockets under the bus.

I hope he's gone soon, and I hope he grows up

6. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

question..

who the hell does he think he is?

damn con artist, F you royce, ya child.. mental illness has no affect in these childish actions..

how about you show your ass up, out work everyone else and make your own progress and create your own destiny.. its not going to be handed to you on a platter, GTFO you diva

good riddance kid

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

LET THIS DUMB ASS r****d GO!! WHAT A DUMB FCK!!

HOPIN FOR THE WORST ON YOUR b**** ASS

ok I can sleep now....

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

This is sad, and funny at the same time.

You guys remember the episode of south park when Cartman pretend to have tourettes?

I can curse up a storm because I have tourettes.

basically, Royce is saying he can act like a clown cause of his Anxiety.

9. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Welllp this isn't how I wanted things to go with White :(

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Reading those tweets, the rox must have offered him "money" for "rebounds". Obviously this is offensive as rebounds are hazardous to your health. #SMH

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>While <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23anxiety">#anxiety</a> is the issue, the main piece of that isn't AIRPLANES, it's asking for support 4 my disorder thats consistent and fair.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268552266334736384" data-datetime="2012-11-14T03:13:44+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Since Royce took it to a public forum, and he's supposed to be open and honest, he should reveal what is going on instead of being vague. As of now, it seems like he just feels entitled because he has a mental illness. Seems immature. There are millions of people effected by mental illness in varying degrees and they don't get special treatment. It's his choice whether he wants to be a pro basketball player. If the job description is too much for him and he truly cares about his health like he says he should leave the game. Not everyone's dreams can come true, and you shouldn't be able to force other people to comply to make yours come true. The way he's going about this doesn't seem like the right way.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Still not clear WTF he means

14. mic

mic Contributing Member

IDGI... What does he want? How has the org been inconsistent/unfair/unsupportive?

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Based on the language it's clear that he might be trying to invoke the OSHA disabilities laws. Hard to make a case for him though, it would be unprecedented.

16. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

As far as we know, didnt the Rockets agree that he be allowed to travel by bus? What more is he asking for? Playing time? lulz

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Again My "Anxiety" is not well but not BAD, my main WORRY is being treated as a digit instead of a HUMAN, in the case of my health.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268553970245578752" data-datetime="2012-11-14T03:20:30+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>While <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23anxiety">#anxiety</a> is the issue, the main piece of that isn't AIRPLANES, it's asking for support 4 my disorder thats consistent and fair.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268552266334736384" data-datetime="2012-11-14T03:13:44+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

Just keeps on coming.

19. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

So I'm curious, how did he make it through college?

Did they really coddle him THAT much?

20. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Ugh. What the hell does he want? Morey to hold him by the hand during the plane rides?
    To say that Im over him is an understatement.