1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are dpt. stores like Dillards, May co etc. requiring a drug screen?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Win, Sep 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Win

Win Contributing Member

Having recently moved to California, I have applied for a job at a 'Robinsons May' dpt store (a sister company of Foleys). I've been invited back for a second interview which seems more like a formality as I'm sure the job is in the bag. What I wonder (and they have shown no indication that it is their policy) is if a drug screen will be required. I seriously doubt I have anything to worry about, but nothing lingers in the system like pot does and I have had very limited contact with it a couple weeks back.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I think they do a background check, if its clear then you have nothing to worry about, if there is anything wrong then they run a drug test, thats how its always happened to me.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Unlike Texas, there aren't a whole lot of companies that drug test prospective employees in California. They pretty much figure that everyone out there gets high in one way or another...and they are correct!;)

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There may be a polygraph, which is a favorite screen for retailers.

5. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

i think retail stores only do drug tests for people they hire in management positions (manager, assistant manager, etc.). so as long as you're applying to be a sales associate, you shouldn't have anything to worry about...