1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Celtics need a PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theDude, Feb 12, 2013.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They been doing aight without their franchize player.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Beverley for KG?

But seriously I don't think we're the right trade partner for them.

4. basketballholic

We could possibly facilitate a big trade with Boston in the offseason. Lin and a couple youngsters to Boston, Rondo to Clippers, Paul re-signed and sent to Houston.

5. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Paul -- Rondo down grade
    Rondo -- Lin down grade
    Sure other two teams would like to down grade their rosters to upgrade houston's.

6. theDude

Supporting Member

The loss of Barbosa us really going to force the Celtics' hand. They may feel pressure to make a move before the deadline. If TD or Beverly are not good enough (and would likely only bring back a 2nd rounder), maybe a three team trade where we send out Patterson and others with a third team getting the C's a PG and Houston getting a better pick + expiring contract.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I don't want anyone on their roster. Players like KG would only hurt our future.

8. basketballholic

I said Lin and youngsters. Not just Lin.

When you are talking about superstars and rebuilding, there is nothing else you can do besides trade them for one or two very good players and multiple youngsters that represent future potential.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Douglas or Beverley for a future pick? Avery Bradley i won't mind having but they're won't let him go for sure.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

They won't let him go that is.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Something around Luke Ridnour for Courtney Lee might make sense for both teams.

Not sure if Douglas is what the Celtics looking for, but he should be available as well.

Perhaps do a three-way with Minny, sending Douglas & Aldrich to BOS, Lee to MIN and Roy and a couple of future 2nd rounders to HOU. Roy's contract will be a nice trade chip going forward.

12. theDude

Supporting Member

It would be ideal for the rockets to move Patterson and Morris for an expiring and a pick while another team sends a G to the Celtics. That would clear an additional $5m this summer.

13. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

How about Douglas or Beverly and Aldrich or Smith for Fab Melo. That gives us a backup center who can protect the rim, rebound, and catch and dunk...

14. RoxD

RoxD Member

Is it a good opportunity to get rid of Lin, his fat contract, and above all, his followers?

We'll have a quiet and peaceful fan site again, and the Rockets have Beversanity to flourish. ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

16. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

I like how you think....

17. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I would rather keep Beverley as a back-up PG the guy is talented...

Toney Douglas & Cole Aldrich for an expiring and a couple of 2nd rounders could work for me. Frees up one roster spot for Hassan Whiteside.

18. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Thats cool and all but the way Morey can flip expirings into gold is what intrigues me

19. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Youngsters like James Harden and Chandler Parsons.

Puuuulease if you think anybody wants Lin + draft picks or Ppat.

20. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

How about Lin, 2Pat and Aldrich for KG, and A bradley. even tho KG is old but i guess we can take a chance on him. and we can throw in a second rounder if needed.