1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Knicks for real....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Nov 15, 2012.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Everyone is hyping them but I don't see them beating anyone but Miami in a game Miami prob let them have for their hurricane survivors morale boost. I think the best coach in the league and kawhi on melo along with great depth beats ny...what say you...are they for real?

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I think this is when melo can be at his best. Evrerytime amare is in it messes up the tempo and touches for him. So as long as they can keep this pace they will be fine.

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

The only Western Conference team they've played so far is Dallas.

So no.

In fact their upcoming back-to-back against San Antonio and then Memphis should bring Knicks fans some much-needed perspective.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

They have elite defense, very good point guard play, amazing depth of big men coming off the pine. Good rebounders and Shumpert isnt even back yet. There the real deal.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

When Stoudamire comes back, they're done. He can't co-exist with Melo.

1 person likes this.
  6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Stouda hasnt been good since he left the Suns.

7. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

All valid points...just no way they cover 5 pts tonight which is the spread...

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

They've had the easiest schedule in the league and it's not even close.

9. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

BINGO.

when that happens, we can trade for Amare with Lin ;).

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This shows they had the 3rd toughest, or was that sarcasm from you? :confused:

11. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It doesn't, actually, but it's more a nod to how misleading all of this is, this early on. (Check out those RPI stats, too!) I don't think very much of a team that has beaten the Sixers without Bynum, Dallas without Dirk, an Orlando team that is awful regardless of whether Jameer Nelson is playing, and a Heat team that was phoning it in due to Sandy.

Not that it hasn't been fun to watch Knicks fans disregard all of this and get carried away anyway. Like I said, they're in for a badly-needed reality check as their schedule toughens up through the end of November. In fact, it's quite possible they lose even to a Manu-less Spurs team tonight, and then get destroyed by Memphis on Friday. At which point, the bipolar Knicks community will fall over themselves talking about "adjustments" and what a bad coach Mike Woodson somehow is, even though truthfully, they will have only JUST faced their first good opponents who were giving maximum effort. Reminds me of ClutchFans! ;)

On a sidenote, Ed Kupfer, who crunches numbers for the Rockets, parsed out some SoS data and found that Miami will have the easiest SoS overall by the end of this season, according to ESPN's projected records.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275303

This may be part of a vast conspiracy that stretches across the globe and to the highest seats of power, or it may be that the Heat play in the worst division in the NBA. Probably the latter. :grin:

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I would say trade for STAT, but I dont think we could even start to make salaries work...

13. SunsRocketsfan

no one wants to touch stat's ourrageous contract.. do not want a guy who plays no D

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

J.R. Smith is averaging 18 & 5 at nearly .50 FG% through the first 5. Still early, but he could be primed for a monster year.

I thought he was a sure-fire star out of HS. 2X first-team All-State and co-MVP w/ Dwight at Mickey D's AA Game, where I remember him sinking 25-foot treys with ease. He was a showstopper at the rim thanks to his freakish vert, which measured 44" at the combine. He had all the tools, but his immaturity & lack of focus held him back in Denver. He was always in Karl's doghouse, though he did manage to set the franchise record for 3 PT% (once hit 11 3s off the bench).

Maybe he's turned a corner in his 2nd year w/ NY. If anything, he'll be in the hunt for 6th Man, and possibly MIP. He's a better player than he's shown through his first 8 years in the league.

15. Asian Sensation

I know this may sound crazy but he always reminded me a bit of Kobe in terms of his style and making certain things look effortless. I'm obviously not comparing the two but JR definitely has some game.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

well lets see if they can beat the spurs tonight

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

They're a lot more legit after tonight.

They got their first:

1. Road win
    2. Against a quality team
    3. That was healthy

Not only that, but they showed remarkable poise in the fourth quarter of a tight game against the Spurs. They produced stops when they needed them, manufactured good shot attempts in the last few minutes, and then made those shots.

Not bad at all.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Raymond Felton is proving me wrong lol

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yeah I was really impressed tonite especially with Felton. Looks like they are buying into Woodson... Looks like a different team this year.

20. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

This Knicks team reminds me alot of Dallas Championship team.