1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PS3] Journey

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

welp, i just blew 15 bucks. no clue wtf i am doing.

time to go shoot americans and africans and stuff like that up.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Some news about thatgamecompany:
    http://gamasutra.com/view/news/1634...ompany_Santiago_departs_new_game_underway.php
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...mpany-veterans-form-new-studio-in-wake-of-igf
    http://www.glitch.com/blog/2012/03/29/bigger-better-brighter/

Wasn't a big team (~15ish I think?), so losing even a few people seems like a big deal. The co-founder and creative director (Jenova Chen) is still there (maybe the most important person from a gamer's standpoint), but I'm kind of sad to see so much of the staff leaving. Hopefully this just means more great games from other companies, and thatgamecompany can still make some great stuff in the future.

3. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

Really great game.

Like many have already posted, I just don't have a lot of time to invest in video games these days. But 2 hours of my Sunday was spared for this, and what a "journey" it was. Well worth the 1,200 yen.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

just downloaded and looking forward to it

5. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Thanks for bumping the topic. Reminds me to play this game at least once again before Diablo 3 arrives in ten days and takes over my life.

6. RedNation

Is it really that good?

7. AtheistPreacher

Which one? :grin: Either way I'd say the answer is "yes."

Even for such a short game, Journey is so well-crafted that it retains a high replayability. It has all the intangibles you could hope for. As for Diablo 3, I only got to play the open beta weekend, but from all I've seen and read, and knowing my propensity for such loot-centered games (like Borderlands and Diablo 2), I'm sure I'll be playing it nonstop for weeks on end at the very least.

8. RedNation

Haha. I was referring to journey. Were you the one who hadn't played heavy rain yet? Plpay it

9. AtheistPreacher

Yeah, I haven't played it all the way through myself. My roommate back in Chicago bought it for his girlfriend, though, and I watched her play through most of it. With that game watching is almost as good as playing. I did play some of it myself, but at some point I got distracted and never finished. But I think you're right, I really should get back to that one.

10. RedNation

I just played some of journey. It is beautiful. I didn't know I had to go somewhere so I had to stop right after I met someone :(

11. AtheistPreacher

Boo! Ah well, you'll still finish it in short order. First playthrough usually takes around 2-3 hours, about the length of a movie. After that, if you manage to get the regenerating scarf by collecting all the symbols, you'll be able to finish the whole thing in just over an hour. But whether you speed through or take your time, it's always an Experience with a capital "E."

12. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Journey is a beautiful game (in more ways than just visually) that's best experienced if you can play it start to finish in a single play session. I was very hesitant to drop the $15 on it (due to its short length) but I'm glad I did, and felt I easily got my money's worth. I think it's the best PSN game that I've played.

13. RedNation

Just finished. What an amazing game. Beautiful in every way imaginable. Too bad they don't make more games like that.