1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dei, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Dei

Dei Member

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BVUMPrv8oRw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin's Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratohnhaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Players become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin's Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier to bustling colonial towns and the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington's Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having it set in America feels so wrong.

2. Dei

Dei Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NAZmP8H2Nb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Was not a fan of the last AC, might wait for the price drop to buy this one.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

There is another thread from when the game was announced....
    This is why everyone should get the search option imo (me too).

5. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I hope the plot has an emphasis on Enlightenment values and is not just derpy nationalist chest thumping. Using history for your game is always risky.

9. ketchupNmustard

Damn, I'm only halfway through the first and the second.

10. Dei

Dei Member

So you've finished the first... what?

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Never finished the first.....got too repetitive. Same thing over and over....and got bored of it.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, the first one had a ton of problems. They fixed all that crap in the sequels

13. Cannonball

From what I understand, Connor doesn't really have a side. He has his own agenda and there are Templars on both sides so he'll be killing both British as well as American soldiers. Connor is half British but also half Mohawk who fought on both sides but mostly for the Brits, so it seems like he has more incentive to be on the British side than anything.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

bought revelation and still haven't even open it :(

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Anyone else playing this? Just finished it...

17. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I think I am in sequence 6. It's okay so far, but I heard the ending was pretty surprising.

I think I will like it a lot more once I get in more of the battle sequences.

18. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I was going to rent this. Is it worth it?

19. Cannonball

I enjoyed the game a lot. It does take a while for it to get going though. Also, the present day Desmond ending is kind of crappy. Not totally awful like Mass Effect 3, but not really satisfying either. They're definitely setting up for the next series of AC games, but the ending to Desmond's story could've (and should've) been a lot better.

The story of the main part of the game is great though. I think it was a lot easier to follow than past AC games due to the setting being one that I'm already familiar with. The missions are varied quite nicely. Boston and New York are nice big cities and the Frontier is huge. There's a lot to do outside of the main story line and the naval parts are really well done.

Oh, and when you beat the game, they put you back into the world where you have to find "pivots". When you do, they unlock cheats within the game like invincibility, infinite ammo, not being detected by guards, and changing the weather and time of day.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just picked it up today