1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. munco

munco Member

At least the legend Calvin Murphy called things as he sees them. In the post game he questioned why Lin wasn't in the game. Made no sense at all.

1 person likes this.
  2. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

This game was ridiculously stupid, the more stupid thing is Lin even showed it could work!

Furthermore Harden's big time bucket came as he was the secondary attention from a Lin pick and roll are you kidding me.

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

As much as I hate to say it, but this coaching staff is clueless.

Our offense looked an absolute mess out there, where was the play?

4. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

jeremy lin was on the bench b-cuz coach sampson loved the defense that douglas put on lilliard......that simple

5. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I actually thought lin was playing pretty good tonight, i have no idea why he didnt play at all in the end. Im pretty disappointed in our coaching staff as a whole. Wheres rick adleman when you need him :(

6. MKL

MKL Member

Lin had 11 assists in 4 quarters. No need for passing when you got HEROBALL!

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yeah Douglas totally shut Lillard DOWN in that OT period :rolleyes:

8. munco

munco Member

he loved that douglas did a worse job than lin guarding lillard?

9. Good Times

Good Times Member

If I'm the coach and I don't play my starting pg any mins in OT that sends a bad message. I still don't understand it, from a stat point of view nothing Douglas did fared better than Lin to play him the entire OT. Douglas didn't score or defend well in OT.

Douglas
    2-11 shooting, 1 ast, 2 reb

Lin
    3-8 shooting, 11 ast, 6 reb

And we all know Lin has proven he can make the right plays and win when the pressure is on.

10. liunatic

liunatic Member

lol they didn't even go to lillard, and the times they did they switched the pick and roll and it was Parson's that got barbecued (even at the end of regulation).

Toney Douglas didn't play any on ball defense on Lillard, nor did he play off ball defense since they were running the offense through LMA in OT.

11. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

okay yea but if didnt notice lilliard was killing jeremy lin.......jeremy had a good game but we wouldnt of made it to overtime if it wasnt for douglas guarding lilliard in the 4th

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Doublas is a decent defender, but the Blazers were running p'n'r with Lillard and Batum and the Rockets switched all of them and had Parsons guard Lillard with the ball.

I am pretty sure Lin can yell "Switch!" just as well as Toney can.

13. MKL

MKL Member

Sampson got this unstoppable play, it's called Heroball.

If you're going down, go down in flames!

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I wonder what Morey is thinking about this right now.

15. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Nope, Parsons and Douglas kept switching. So Parsons was guarding Lillard when he hit those shots. smh

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

y'know the good thing about this is Jlin won't hit twitter or pitch a b**** fit; He will use this as motivation.

17. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

aldridge did the most damage in that overtime

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Shabazz Muhammad?

Nerlens Noel?

1 person likes this.
  19. munco

munco Member

bwahaha

20. GideonC

GideonC Member

Only two options:

1) Sampson is a total moron to an extent that is almost incomprehensible considering how far he has advanced in the coaching world

2) Sampson is either racist or has a personal vendetta against Lin for some other reason

2) is obviously correct... this BS is just unacceptable... Sampson just THREW AWAY a game so he could say "F U" to our starting PG... he needs to be gone.

P.S. Not especially a Lin fan, never a Knicks fan, not Asian, just calling this like it is... this was the single most bizarre offensive coaching miscue I've ever seen in the NBA

1 person likes this.