1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playboy's: The Girls of McDonalds

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tolne57, Nov 16, 2004.

1. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/16/news/fortune500/playboy_mcdonalds/index.htm?cnn=yes

McDonald's gals in Playboy display

Web site picks six 'hamburger honeys' to appear in its 'Women of McDonald's' pictorial.
    November 16, 2004: 10:45 AM EST
    By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money staff writer

McDonald's employee Cristy Creighton, featured in the pictorial, called it an
    McDonald's employee Cristy Creighton, featured in the pictorial, called it an "exciting" experience."

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Playboy.com debuted the "Women of McDonald's" feature Tuesday in which six employees from the fast-food king were chosen to pose nude for the online pictorial.

The spread is the culmination of a nationwide search that Playboy.com launched in September for the "sexiest burger babes" willing to shed a lot more than just their aprons.

The online publication of the adult men's magazine has previously run similar pictorials that seemingly aim to project a "lighter side" of corporate America. Earlier features include the women of Wal-Mart (Research), the world's largest retailer and of home improvement chain Home Depot (Research).

"I've heard about Playboy.com doing other 'Women of' pictorials so when I heard they were interested in employees from McDonald's, I knew I wanted to submit my photos. The experience of posing for Playboy has been exciting," Cristy Creighton, one of the feature's models who Playboy says is a floor supervisor at a Louisville, Ky., outlet, said in a statement.

While the models may be up to the challenge, the companies they work for haven't exactly embraced the concept.

"We neither condone, nor encourage participating in this type of activity. It is inconsistent with our brand," McDonald's spokeswoman Anna Rozenich said in statement e-mailed to CNN/Money.

Wal-Mart's response last year was that the Playboy.com endeavor was "not a ballpark that Wal-Mart wants to play in."

John Thomas, editor of the Web site, said in an interview that despite the chilly corporate reactions, Playboy.com will continue to search for other unorthodox companies for upcoming spreads.

"We know for a fact that there are a lot of large companies out there that are very nervous about the prospect. We've already drawn up a short-list of who could be next," said Thomas.

"This 'Women' of feature actually started in the 1970s for the Playboy magazine. With the online effort, we've tried to put a populist and provocative spin on it by going into the heartland with Wal-Mart, Home Depot and now McDonald's," Thomas said. "You'd be surprised at how many of these women told us that they always wanted to approach us in the past but never had the opportunity."

According to Thomas, the McDonald's (Research) casting call elicited over 100 responses from employees. Playboy.com paid the models for the feature but did not disclose the amount.

Said Thomas, "These women are not CEOs of corporations but they made a nice piece of change with the feature. They were flown in to our headquarters in Chicago and all expenses were paid by us."

The pictorial, which is exclusively available on Playboy.com, apparently has the vote of approval from Playboy (Research) founder Hugh Hefner. "Mr. Hefner likes how the features have turned out and he has even selected some of the girls to be considered for the magazine," Thomas said. Top of page

--*Disclaimer

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Anyone seen the Denise Richards issue?

Google is your friend.

3. Chump

Chump Member

oh yeaaaah, tig ole bitties

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Well, those are certainly not the girls I get to see when I go to McDonald's. They must be hiding them in the back of the kitchen...

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ha ha, you go to McDonalds?

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hope these girls aren't helping the male employees make the secret sauce.

If YUH Know WHAAA I MEAN. ;)

7. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I'm sure McDonalds could fire them if they wanted..

It's one thing to pose on your own.. it's another to not only pose, but the whole thing behind your place in the magainze is the fact that you work at that company...

But I guess it just depends on the rules the company has... the nba teams must have specific rules for their dancers if they can fire them

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Umm.... stop the Debbie Does Dallas video and step away from the TV.

9. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I guess with the pictures we can see which one has the natural curley fries or the plain baked potato.

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I bet they got paid more than minimum wage.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Depends on what you order....

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

possible punch lines to jokes:

1. as mentioned, anything involving special sauce

2. super sized

3. the golden arches

4. she puts the happy in happy meal

5. i'll show you my big mac

6. greasy

13. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

7. Two all beef patties.

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

... anything about the Play Area.

15. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Hey baby! You got some fries with that shake?

Uh....No really maam.....do you?

16. Isabel

Isabel Member

Obviously not the girls who eat McDonalds. (and lots of it, and don't work out) That would probably be more... realism than they are willing to show. :D

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

8. Special Sauce...

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, I got nothing! :mad:

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Nice mcnuggets!

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I got your Big Macs right here!