1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Naked Women and Sportscasters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dc sports, Dec 7, 2000.

1. dc sports

dc sports Member

Go Vote! Every vote counts! (If you live in Florida and are confused by the ballot, please re-read the instructions before voting for Terry Bradshaw!)
    http://www.sportsbusinessnews.com/todaysstories/nakeddec7.htm

Naked Women and Sportscasters:
    There's an eye-grabbing headline, and one that Playboy that bastion of journalism intends to exploit. Playboy is currently in the midst of conducting a survey to determine whom the readers of the magazine believe is the sexiest sportscaster. The winner of the poll will be invited to pose nude in an upcoming issue.

The nominees:
    Melissa Stark, ABC;
    Jillian Barberie and Pam Oliver, Fox;
    Bonnie Bernstein and Jill Arrington, CBS;
    Summer Sanders and Hannah Storm, NBC;
    Inga Hammond, CNN/SI;
    Lisa Guerrero, Fox Sports Net West; and
    Angie Arlati, Fox Sports Net Northwest.

The polling begins Thursday afternoon at http://www.playboy.com and will run through January 14. The contest is being billed as ''Playboy's Hottest Sports Babes'', which begs the question, why hasn't the 200 plus syndicated broadcaster, the Fabulous Sports Babe who once worked with ESPN Radio been included in the list of nominees.

The USA Today's Rudy Martzke spoke with several nominees who had this reaction to the news.

''I find this positively hysterical,'' said Storm, 38, the mother of two young girls and 7 1/2 months pregnant with her third child. ''What timing! I tipped the scales yesterday at 175 pounds. I know I'm recognized for my journalistic abilities,'' says Storm, on a leave of absence as NBA Showtime host, ''but I'll take any compliments I get, especially being pregnant.''

Bernstein, an NFL sideline reporter for CBS, said, ''This is certainly flattering if anybody finds me attractive, but anyone who has seen me knows me as a sports journalist.''

Hammond, a major anchor at CNN/SI, said, ''I take it for what it is. I don't take it seriously. Anyone who has seen me on the air is going to take me as credible.''

Barberie, 34, the weatherwoman who joshes with Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long and Cris Collinsworth on Fox NFL Sunday, doesn't fit the serious journalist role of the other women. But she's comfortable with that. ''People perceive you as sexy,'' said Barberie, who also is involved in two other TV shows in the Los Angeles area. ''That doesn't bother me. I am what I am. No apologies. I live in Hollywood and have friends like Pamela Anderson. So Playboy's not foreign to me.''

------------------
    Stay Cool...

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

I think old Hugh needs to get a clue.
    The sexiest woman sportscaster is... SUZIE KOLBER!!! She actually knows her stuff also. ahhh.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Barberie is quite the hottie. I don't know that I'd call her a sportscaster, but she gets my vote (not that I knew her name before I read this).

Smokey - go Horns!!! Now there's a selling point for the university.

------------------
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve immortality by not dying. - Woody Allen

5. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

She's not a sportscaster, but I think Trazanna Halstead of one of the local newscasts is hot.

------------------
    "I have a DREAM.........his name's Hakeem."
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

6. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Though not a sports caster:
    Dominique Sachse (however you spell it)

------------------
    Hey, I've got a new signature!

7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Heck yeah, you got that right!

------------------

8. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

Nancy Newman, CNN/SI

Whay is she not on the list??????

Such the hottie!!

------------------
    www.dsscake.com

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

DREAMer: Trazanna interviewed me for SOR. She's very nice but a tad bit on the chunky side.

Maybe we have different taste in women. [​IMG]

As far as local broadcasters, I'd have to go with Lisa Faronda, hands down. She is very attractive on TV and in person. If you like larger booties, Domanique Sachsa would be on that list as well. My wife and I were behind her in line at the movies once. [​IMG]

As for the Playboy list, I'd pick Melissa Stark or Lisa Guerrero. Guerrero was one of the women who tried out for "The View" job that was taken by the Asian woman who is on there now - don't know her name.

------------------
    Mmmmmmm. Sacrelicious.

10. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I don't know what it is, but I've got a thing for Bonnie Bernstein.

Summer Sanders is nice, too.

Other than Melissa Stark and Hannah Storm, I don't even remember what these other women look like.

As for local newscasters, I like Betty Nguyen (keeping in mind that "local" means Dallas to me).

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    The Anti-Bud Adams Page

11. mrpaige

I went to the Playboy site and voted for Bonnie Bernstein. They show you the total votes after you vote, and Bonnie is in 4th place just 52 votes behind the weather girl from FOX (Jillian What's-Her-Face).

Melissa Stark is running away with it, though, she's got 1,000 votes over the next closest (Jill Arrington) competitor.

Poor Hannah Storm only has 135 votes.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    The Anti-Bud Adams Page

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You don't know what it is?! SHE'S FINE! [​IMG]

Bonnie and Summer... mmmmm.... delicious.

------------------
    If you like larger booties, Domanique Sachsa would be on that list as well. Jeff of SaveMeSomeBooty.com fame in the BBS Hangout forum (hope the man doesn't run for a political position - he's dead meat)

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I voted for Hannah Storm.

I suggest you do the same.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

14. mrpaige

I meant that I don't know what, specifically, attracts me to her over the others.

She is quite obviously FINE!

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    The Anti-Bud Adams Page

15. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Wait a minute, wheres Lisa Malosky? [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

16. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Jeff,

I've always thought she had a very pretty face, but that she was a little heavy. But, lately it's looked as though she's lost a lot of weight and is looking better and better. I saw her on the news just today or yesterday. mmmmmmmmm

------------------
    "I have a DREAM.........his name's Hakeem."
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

17. outlaw

outlaw Member

can i vote for Chris Wragge? [​IMG]

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Outlaw: I just saw Wragge today driving down Shepherd with his wife (?), the former Playmate. She looked pretty fake all the way around - typical Playmate.

DREAMer: I saw her about 3 months ago and she will still a bit heavy, but maybe she's been on a diet. She does have a pretty face.

------------------
    Mmmmmmm. Sacrelicious.

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

yeah, Wragge is a pretty boy but he seems like a real air-head fake hollywood type. i guess working for Entertainment Tonight will do that to you.

it was embarrassing to watch him on TV during the Texans unveiling trying to get a scoop from Bob McNair before the actual announcement. He must have asked Bob 5 times what the name was going to be.

20. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Who's the red head that does headline news ?? She's hot. I woulda voted for Bernstein though.

------------------
    "There are two players carrying the Rockets right now. Hakeem and Olajuwon." Isiah Thomas