1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JIm Rome's thoughts on Texas A&M University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by underoverup, Aug 20, 2003.

1. underoverup

underoverup Member

Sorry if this has been posted before, my goodness its funny though. :D

Jim Rome's thoughts on Texas A&M University

Editor's note: The following is Jim Rome's thoughts on Texas A&M University that he broadcasted on national radio.

Thoughts on Texas A&M...
    Fox Sports Show And Radio Host Jim Rome

1) They won't shut up. They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have in their urine to beat UT, and blah blah blah. Shut up. You start to get the feeling the entire school was built to spite UT.

2) Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state university they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school (University of Texas) that would teach agriculture and mechanics. Aggies love to say their school is older, from where they get that I don't know ... the fact is, the state intended A&M to be a branch of UT. They are like the afterbirth from the original creation. Like Danny Devito in "Twins".

3) So they apparently have this complex, so much so, that they must devote their entire school to trying to prove to UT that they are just as good. All the while, nobody at UT denies that A&M is a good school, yet they won't shut up. So they write a fight song ... about? ... Texas, and how they want to beat them. They have a Fish Camp for freshman where they tell them how bad Texas is and how good A&M and all its traditions are. It is the world's largest known case of penis envy, and it is manifested in everything A&M does.

4) The people at A&M. Now we all have friends who went to A&M or are at A&M. There are some nice people there. However ... There is the Corp. East Texas' answer to dreams of ROTC kids everywhere. For every boy scout who never learned to stop playing with his GI Joe Toys, there is the Corp. Now, forget the fact that A&M will actually let people with sub-par grades enroll if they agree to join the Corp. Forget the fact that the Corps looked like a Gestapo-hate rally while beating down students on Kyle Field in 1995. Forget the fact that along with the numerous hazing charges that have been filed against them, and swept under the rug over the years, they just this past month have had one Corps member bring charges against another Corps member who apparently had been propositioning others for a little actual sodomy. Not only could I go on with more instances of idiocracy by these Khaki-clad-shaven-headed-dorks, I am sure each of you have your own stories. The point is: We all respect West Point, Annapolis, The Air Force Academy; however, nobody respects the Corp. I imagine they are kind of the laughing stock of the military world. Just because you dress like the Army, and try and act like the Army, does not make you the Army. People at A&M don't even respect these clowns. It is not cool to shave your head and dress up. Halloween is only supposed to be one day of the year. If you want to carry guns and beat up civilians, move to Israel.

5) It is even less cool to slobber on somebody's daughter on national television and call it a tradition. Dry humping 18-year-old girls in the stands at football games is not cool. Not only is it not cool, it should be against the law. I know that in College Station, students are just prone to mount each other on the campus lawn, or in the middle of class, or anytime anything good happens you can just grab the girl sitting next to you and start sucking on her face. But everywhere else in the world, it is looked down upon. Especially if you are doing it on my TV. That is why we have moved the game from Thanksgiving. Because people across the nation were gagging on their turkey when in the middle of watching a football game, some boy scout is tongue thrashing some overweight co-ed during somebody's Thanksgiving dinner. We do not need to see burly women engaged in a suckfest every time your woeful offense manages to put points on the board. Some of these girls are in desperate need of a trip to the Clinique counter. Screw that, forget make-up, it is too late for that, just give them a veil.

6) "T.U." is not funny. It is not insulting. It is dumb. Just imagine if folks from Texas kept talking about M&A and giggling. That would not be funny. In fact, it would be r****ded. That's why UT fans don't do it. Please learn.

7) You want to lose the image of country bumpkins, of a people fond of sheep, of people that aren't stupid? Then quit building things that fall down. Quit chasing cheerleaders around with swords on national TV. Quit whooping in church. Quit whooping period. Quit putting up scoreboards for the enjoyment of dead mammals. Quit spending your Friday nights practicing how to yell. Quit telling rape jokes to reporters when you're running for Governor. When you are filling out season ticket renewals, and the form asks for your phone number, h&w. quit putting 258-3999, Height 6'3", Weight 185. Just, collectively, stop making asses of yourselves. Go to East Texas, tour every small town, and ask every red neck with a fifth-grade education why they cheer for A&M and wear maroon. That is your fan base. This is why you are perceived by the educated masses as stupid.

8) Nobody cares if you think your band is better. They might be louder, they might march in neat little zig zags, but they have no musical ability. The point is, nobody cares who wins halftime. Quit getting geeked up about marching bands. I find it hard to believe you stood through your high school band's entire halftime performance. And why? Cause nobody cared then and nobody cares now. Plus, you can hear them fine sitting down even if you do care. Why is it cool all of a sudden now that you're in college?

9) Men should never let out high-pitched whooping sounds. Perhaps the only justifiable situation in which this can be tolerated is perhaps during an anal probe. Oh wait...I understand now.

10) Dogs are not ladies. They don't look or smell like ladies. Dogs eat their own feces and should be treated accordingly.

11) Finally, College Station is an arm-pit of a town. Quit pretending that it is a great college town. It is a town, and there is a college there. That should be the end of this comparison. If you feel that life doesn't get any better than the Dixie Chicken, and enjoy being stuck in a never-ending "Dukes of Hazard" episode, then move there. More importantly, don't move to Austin ... They are trying to create an educated, technological, and open-minded population base. Austin is, and will continue to be, the birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool.

As my friend, Stephen Johnson, once said: "If the world were ever to get an enema, College Station is where you would connect the hose." If you go to school at A&M, please don't be an Aggie.

God bless the great state of Texas.

1 person likes this.
  2. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Yeah it has.

3. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Jim Rome... thoughts? Come on now, nobody is dumb enough to actual believe he thinks.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That was priceless.

I don't know if the following is a joke response or a real response, "casturating" indeed:

9:14PM - Can you really call what Jim Rome did "thinking"??? (see his title)
    http://www.terryschaub.com/jimrome.html

Go to this link and read the entire article before proceeding with this journal.

This journal is dedicated to all of those who either hate, despise, do not understand, or have indifferent feelings towards the Aggies of Texas A&M. After reading Mr. Rome's article, I was immeadietly moved towards thoughts of casturating him and his children. Settling a little, I thought "why use my superior strength and cunningness against him? He tried to write an intelligent sounding article, so my weapon of choice is the mind. I will beat him at his own game. Lets begin with disecting his article:

1) This entire section was dedicated on how Aggies "go on and on". Well, quite frankly your ENTIRE article went on and on, and on, and on. In the very first paragraph, you ran out of points and had to resort to using the phrase "blah blah blah". Half of this paragraph is quoting our feelings on OUR bonfire. What's the matter Jimmy Boy? Can't think of enough words to fill up an entire paragraph which, quite frankly, contains your weakest point (so why would you OPEN your argument with your weakest topic? Hmmmm, ahh, must be a t-sipper, that explains it). Poor technical writing skills, yet another side effect of attending t.u. See, this will probably be my weakest paragraph, only because I am following YOUR outline. Serves me right for following. Lastly, if you complain about how Aggies go on and on about our spirit and such, why did you sit down and take the time to go on and on about us? You obviously stressed a lot of your brain cells coming up with this article (so cunningly titled, I might add), you would have done better putting that time into doing something productive with your life.

2) Did you bother to look up any facts before typing this paragraph? Or did you just regurgitate something that you heard someone else say? Well I did some research, only so that I could have hard proof of the point that I KNOW is the truth. Oh, and I found this researching off of the official web page for the State of Texas (The Morrill Act of 1862, not as you said "the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's"), in case you were wondering. These are quotes from an article describing the creation of A&M and t.u. from the actual Legislative Document you describe in your paragraph. "Texas A&M, the state’s first public institution of higher education, was opened on Oct. 4, 1876 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. The school owes its origin to the Morrill Act of 1862, which established the nation’s land-grant college system." "Texas A&M University is a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant institution located in College Station, Texas." I found this same information on the official web page for t.u. (the sheer amount of burnt ornage almost made me vomit) So here is a quote from what t-sippers actually claim (and it corresponds with what the State says is true). "Founded in 1883 as a small campus on 40 acres near the state capitol in the heart of the scenic Central Texas Hill Country. The University of Texas at Austin has come far from its beginning, when it had only one building, eight teachers, two departments and 221 students."

3) So we devote our entire school to trying to prove that we are better than t.u? Seeing as proving we are superior to a school (that idolizes an animal that regurgitates it's own food three times to finish chewing it [because one stomach can't do the job] and has graced so many dinner tables and Bar B Q's) would take no longer than a few mere moments, that leaves us time for what most real colleges have, class. Yes there is more to A&M than just hating t.u. (hating t.u. is just a bonus), we have TECHNICAL WRITING CLASSES, maybe you should take one? Other than that, we have everything that any real college has (including a wide variety of major studies, clubs, organizations, sports programs, leadership programs, etc.) and SO much more. We have traditions that we care about, and we live by. Yes we live by them, and we live better because of it. Obviously well over 40,000 people agree, so we must be onto something. Yes, we write a fight song stating our intent to "BEAT THE HELL OUTTA' t.u."; at least we wrote our own song instead of just using an already absurdly annoying one. Seeing as you have been to Fish Camp, I can understand how you would know what happens there. Oh wait, you haven't and you DON'T. So, take your own advice (see your point # 1) and SHUT UP. Stop torturing us with your pathetic attempts to bring us down to your level with verbal slander, simply because you can't better your own life and bring yourself UP to our standards. (Go read the Aggie Code of Honor. Is there an equivilent at t.u. that students live by and apply to their entire lives? I think not.) Oh, and I can't believe I'm actually going to respond to your last statement, but you just set yourself up for it, so I must. In order for Aggies to have penis envy, that would be assuming two things (assuming you mean we envy t.u.) #1 that EVERY t-sipper is male and has a penis (in which case explains why you are all gay hippies) and that is why we despise every t-sipper. #2 That ANY t-sipper has a penis. There I said it, yes I resorted to fourth grade insults, but how else can I talk to someone with a fourth grade intelligence?

#4 SamFisher, Aug 20, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2003
  5. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

How many times are people going to post this and say the same thing. This came out years ago, and I believe he was reading something that was sent into him.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Rome's take on high school hazing had me cracking up last night. Of course, I couldn't type it all in but for those who saw Rome is burning you know.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

truer words have never been spoken.

8. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

If Rome had really said this, it would have gone like this:

Thoughts on Texas A&M...

Fox Sports Show And Radio Host Jim Rome

1) They won't shut up. They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have. I mean, they won't shut up. Total lack of shutting up there, from A&M. I mean, guys, come on, shut up already.

2) Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state university they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school. Forget that, for a minute. Texas A&M just will not shut up. Ever. Period. End of story. No shutting up at all, in College Station. They don't know the meaning of the WORDS "shut up". They just don't. At all. From the President on down to the Corps of Cadets, they won't shut up. Even the dog, what's its name, Revalee, won't shut up and stop barking. Someone get a muzzle and shut that thing up. Muzzle the Corps while you're at it, shut them up too.

I mean, I could see not shutting up if they were Oklahoma. Or Texas. But they're Texas A&M, so they should shut up. Just shut up already, guys. Enough.

3) A&M is a good school, yet they won't shut up. They wrote a fight song ... about? ... Texas, and how they want to beat them. They need to just shut that up. There's no reason, really, for them not to shut up. I mean, the fight song-- shut up with it already.

4) The people at A&M. They won't shut up. And they need to. I mean, this is a school that hasn't won a national title since 1906, or something, so why they don't just shut up, I don't know.

Well, that's all the time we have for this hour. Stay with us, next hour I'll talk about how Texas A&M needs to just shut up, already.

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

That cracks me up every time I see it. :D

10. LeGrouper

Kagy, I have been missing your posts!

And yes, Rome was reading a letter sent to him. Look I went to A&M and I can take a joke. Alot of that stuff is mildly humorous if you look at it in a joking light. What is lame though is how many times people post that on this board trying to get a rise.

11. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Crystalized my thoughts eloquently.

But, most A&M grads I have met are pretty tame and are past all the rah-rah stuff that was their school.

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure somebody that was born, raised, and lives in Southern California wouldn't put "God bless the great state of Texas" on something...

Jim Rome is to an original thought what a woman is to a penis...

13. LeGrouper

Hey Sam Fisher, are you David from Willis's Friend? Did you hit on the guy's wife whose deer stand you tipped?

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

posted by Sam Fisher
    These responses are like a crackhead getting mad for someone making fun of him for smoking crack and then while in the process of explaing why it's not true, he smokes crack.

I lived in Austin for 3 years, A&M is really, REALLY not an issue. The only time A&M came up was when we played them in football but that was it.

I thought the article was funny, have to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes. You have to admit, A&M is has pretty distinctive traditions...

:D

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

:confused:

16. LeGrouper

Guess not, I would have e-mailed you but your e-mail is blocked.

If you weren't in the core and if you don't know some dude's named david and elliot then you ain't him... later... keep it real...

And watch out for the rabid gay hippies on the drag..whew wee... If they think the Chicken is bad just wait until you get hit with an aids syringe on Guadalupe...:D

17. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

the relationship between UT and A&M is like the relationship of the US to Canada.

we hardly know they exist, but hating us is their reason for living

hook 'em horns!

18. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

I love the way they say call us "TU" and snicker like it is soooooo cool.

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA T.U.

how do those aggies think these yells up? oh yeah, they don't. THEY USE THE ONES FROM 1923.

19. underoverup

underoverup Member

And you make fun of my sense of humor---:p

With all the controversy surrounding human cloning, hasn't anyone noticed that A&M has been cloning the same knuckleheads for the better part of a century? Texas A&M the only school in the country that you can major in "Catfish Noodling".

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

If that was true, how do you explain this thread or the multitude of other anti-A&M posts I've seen on this board over the past two years?