1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy Hibbert's statement about the Houston Rockets (UPDATE: Rockets deny this)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Feb 9, 2012.

1. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

Houston is an easy target. If someone wants to get a point across, just throw Houston’s name in there. You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don’t like it, you say, ‘Blame it on Houston.’ If you go to the grocery story and they don’t have the milk that you like, you just say, ‘It’s Houston’s fault.” ;)

2 people like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rox have always approached the draft as BPA. So it would not have surprised me. Remember drafting Brooks when we had other PGs on the roster?

But you're right no point in going back to 2008. At the end of the day he's Pacer.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Funny.....:grin:

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Its a good thing we didnt get Hibbert or else Morey would have overlooked Thabeet and he might not have been a Rocket today.

5. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Doubt Morey would have said 2 years... more likely they said "spend some time" and he is blowing it out of proportion 4 years after the fact (now that it doesn't mean anything).

6. arjun

arjun Member

the guy averaged 7 pts and 3.5 reb his rookie year...those arent stellar enough to not deserve to perhaps go down to the dleague

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You think Hibbert is in the same class as Griffin and Garnett??

(I know you don't.)

My point is a healthy Chuck Hayes is better than Hibbert and will be making half the money Hibbert will be making over the next 4 years. Hibbert is a paper thin player. He folds up into nothing when the pressure is on. He will have to prove to me he is even in Hayes' class.

Understandomendo Kemosabe?

8. xAliceInChains

He was not good his rookie year.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just informed: Rockets absolutely deny the claim by Roy Hibbert that they told him they would have sent him to the D-League had they drafted him. I was told very clearly: That did not happen at all.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Joke's on Raptors

They traded Hibbert and TJ Ford for the corpse of Jermaine O'neal lololololololol

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I didn't figure it did. Probably more along the lines of:

Rox: "We use the D-league for development as needed."

Hibbert: "Well, how long would you send me to Dleague?"

Rox: "Well, as long as needed. You may not ever need to go there at all if you come to camp and win rotation minutes. However, if you don't, and don't be surprised if you don't, because we have a lot of veterans here that are ahead of you that you have to outplay, then it is better to go to the Dleague and play. The NBA rules state players can be sent down there for up to their first two years. But we would hope you develop more than to have to stay down there more than one season."

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We should sue him for slander

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly.

Hibbert said he used those words as motivation --> wow, if his motivation lead to 7 points and 3.5 boards then look out...

:rolleyes:

I know he's improved his game to Emeka Okafur's career average standard this year - but that isn't saying too much is it?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His rebounding is very good.....but 13.6 ppg.... is nothing to rave about..... Point guards are scoring more than him.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Good.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Instead he played how many years for a crappy IND team. They only started to take off with a change of coach.

Big deal ... What's the problem with playing in the DLeague? We send everyone down there.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's not just a matter of being honest; it is a smart interview question. You know he won't play ahead of Yao or Mutombo, so if he answers the question incorrectly, then he is not right for the job. You don't want to draft someone who will become disgruntled with his job.

it's a perfectly fine interview question.

jeeze...not everything is Morey treating players as assets.

1 person likes this.
  18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Mike James, Rafer Alson, and Bobby Jackson
    vs
    Yao Ming, Dekembe Mutumbo

I'm going to go out on a limb and not say those are comparable.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think the whole thing was my point??

He's using our comments as "motivation" - uh - motivation to do what?

I guess he's an all-star, so good luck to him. But it's not like he's an unstoppable force or anything!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your point is my point.
    There is no point... League has seen and experienced a low of quality big men....
    Now borderline allstars are getting in at ease