1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: The Dwightmare for Thomas Robinson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4031/dwight-howard-houston-rockets-podcast/

Bima couldn't make it for this one, but he'll be in one soon. We've added Andrew Stewart and Lance Thompson to the team and this is their first podcast with us as the three of us have an open discussion on the offseason, discussing Dwight Howard, Thomas Robinson and some thoughts on Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons and Royce White.

We've also had comments set up directly on the articles recently, but I wanted to have a comments thread for this one on the forum since we're welcoming Lance and Andrew to the podcast.

Any feedback is certainly welcome. Thanks!

(Also, I was going to add an image to the story but Rodman23 delivered that hilarious GIF so I had to include it. Great work that he posted here)

1 person likes this.
  2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I can't concentrate on the podcast, that gif is too funny!

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'll get to the podcast, I will. So, first a question: if DM the GM is or becomes convinced in the inevitability of a Dwight Houston er Howard to Houston then why wouldn't DM the GM market Asik first to make the money work? The belief seems universal that OA3 would bring back positive assets.

To Charlotte for the #4? $$$ = enough room to sign DHoHo outright, produces an asset (and a TE?)? Then if TRob is to go it isn't a proverbial fire sale? (Or along with Asik and in return a future lotto protected #1?) I believe Blazers would trade their pick, but I wouldn't do that deal (Western Conf, lower pick). I am certain other (better?) deals could be available.

I want to deal from strength, and this assumes a strong level of confidence in the ultimate DH12 signing here.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've got to run do some stuff, so I'll listen a bit later, but damn, that gif is hilarious!

5. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Gif is awesome

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Just finished listening.

Thanks for making the podcast.

To be honest, it's a little dry and played it a little too safe for me but that's just personal taste. I actually like the Jalen Rose Grantland podcast style. Anyways, great effort and I'm sure it's only going to get better. :)

Look forward to listening to BimaThug on there in the future.

7. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Great GIF

Nice Rodman23

8. basketballholic

Interesting.

My prediction: TRob is still on the roster after the draft on June 30th and we've added several mickey mouse players to the roster (bought them for cash) that nobody wants and most of the board is panicking because we didn't trade TRob, jumping to the erroneous conclusion that nobody will take him.

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

cant listen to it yet...anything of note about trob?

10. joesr

joesr Member

lol, it took me a while to actually start the podcast, too busy looking at GIF

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

They said they're confident he'll be traded by Draft Night.

12. skyline07

skyline07 Member

lol love the gif

13. megastahr

any inside info or just their opinion I guess?

14. skyline07

skyline07 Member

can we please get monthly podcasts please?

15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

For posterity haha. Your trade scenarios/predictions are either going to be REALLY off or REALLY on. After this offseason, I will know how to react properly when I see them in the future :p

16. basketballholic

trade predictions?

This is what i'm predicting here. Not willing to go further at this time. I have shown several trade possibilities but not predicted them. Too many variables right now.

If I am right on this prediction, I'll make another one after the draft.

17. basketballholic

By the way, my prediction doesn't necessarily conflict with TRob being traded draft night. He could be traded on draft night and still on the roster.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

For those who love the GIF, I just want to reiterate this point.

I did not put that pic together -- Rodman23 did. He's an animated GIF genius. I just wanted to highlight his work because it really made me laugh last night.

My opinion based on info I've heard. Unless the Dwight pursuit is completely killed and cap room isn't the name of the game (doubtful), I'm pretty confident the Rockets will pull the trigger before they get to July. We talk a little bit about that in the podcast.

That's the hope. Bima and I probably can't do them that frequently. Lance and Andrew should be a good fit to help us there. If you enjoyed the podcast or have any feedback for them, please let them know.

1 person likes this.
  19. megastahr

Awesome,
    thanks clutch! I am at work so cant listen to it, until I get off. Good news is kinda cheering me up. My car got stolen last night!!! :mad::(

20. Raven

Raven Member

Interesting to see Chandler Parsons mentioned as the third star, but I'm not sure how the Rockets can afford to keep him if his game continues to improve. He has a team option for two more seasons.