1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 26, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Shhh... you might reveal some of their plans for the upcoming season. ;)

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

AKA ... Bust of this draft.

There are some outstanding NFL greats and all-pro who did poorly at the combine and even on the Wonderlic test that went on to have some exceptional careers.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Pats spend almost all of their draft picks in defense (in the 7th round drafted a WR)

They drafted Donta Hightower and Chandler Jones, so I think that is a nice improvement from what they had before

Also they dont need a top 10 Defense, they just need a top 20 Defense, to have a very good shot at the superbowl.

4. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Colts are willing to the cede this season to let Andrew Luck run wild like Cam Newton. Their draft next season will be telling.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

5 Baylor players drafted :cool:

That's the most in the state of Texas. Guess which school has the third most first round picks in the last 4 years? You guessed it.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's impressive, but let's see how successful you guys are now that the RG3 ride is over.

7. sammy

We killed Tech in the second half without Griffin. We have the best defensive class coming in quite some time and our offensive line is gonna be nice. Our receiving core is still great.. Replaced Wright with a 4 star recruit. Briles is more important than Griffin. His last 3 quarterbacks have been Kolb, Keenum and Griffin.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You'd think y'all would actually be good at football with all that talent. Tee-hee. :cool:

9. sammy

Blah blah blah. Pee-pee games. Blah blah blah.

Btw, LOL at Jeff Fuller. First round talent to undrafted. One of the many signs of the craptastic season A&M had.

#249 sammy, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

First round talent I guess -- except when I saw him play he sucked. Just like that 3rd round talent Stephen McGee.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Fuller strikes me as one of those guys who, when the going gets tough, he opens up a giant bag of quit. He was dealing with injuries this season, but he never struck me as the type of guy who worked especially hard at getting back to 100%.

And did you seriously just cite the Texas Tech game as an example of why you'll be fine without Griffin? I'm not saying you guys will suck or anything....but seriously, it was Tech. TECH.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He looked good against the top DB in the country against LSU last year. He might have something. Wasn't he pampered coming out of HS?

13. The Drake

The Drake Member

As long as we're playing pee-pee games, I'd like to point out that Rice had more players drafted than UH :p

14. sammy

Well that's the only example to cite. Nick Florence was throwing bombs on target in that second half. We'll see how we handle losing Griffin, Wright and Ganaway.