1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Morey on the hot seat now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AbrahamLincoln, Jul 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Well we haven't actually lost Camby or Lee yet.

2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I actually feel bad for Morey. The guy obviously has an eye for talent (he's rarely struck out on a draft pick or trade) but it's like he has no GM friends. They all just want to screw him over. Maybe it's all the good press he gets for not actually winning much? Who knows.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe no. But not over Dragic. It is ultimately Les' decision whether to pay Dragic the money. Whatever the plan is, Les has to be on board.

4. AbrahamLincoln

The only thing that keeps me somewhat content with Morey is that he has drafted well. Buddinger and Parsons were good picks. I know Morris is considered a bust by most but he hasn't played much and I wont call him that yet. Jeremy Lamb should be great to watch. Even if its in an empty arena.

5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Maybe McHale is a terrible coach

McHale benched Bud for a good while eariler in the year, and Patterson has regressed under McHale

Our players outside of Lowry and Dragic( who adelman also delevoped) have played poorly under Adelman

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

FIXED

been better

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'm glad.

at this point, there isn't even enough surrounding talent available to make a howard trade worthwhile, unless josh smith is available too. pipe dream anyway, silly to even talk about.

the clock is about to strike midnight, and time for us all to accept that, in morey's tenure, he did what amounted to nothing for 5 years, followed by pile-driving the franchise directly through the pavement as his piece de resistance.

8. Toothless_Texan

neither in the hot seat they just look at each other and say ok we failed once again..

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Morey did something bad and pissed Dragic off so badly that he signed with PHX even with HOU offering more, then maybe Les has reason to fire him. Right now, it seems like a collective decision not to pay him what PHX did.

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He should be, but no. I can't wait for the questions from reports about Dragic leaving while we wanted him so badly.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

For as upset as I am without knowing what this team wants to do, I don't think Morey should be on the hotseat. Pick a different direction because the plan you had failed. Can't blame him, he had the team in position. It worked for Boston and Miami, just wasn't meant to be here. Let's go young and hope we land gold through the draft.

12. Toothless_Texan

he has house in PHX girlfriend likes it there friends are there and it is sentimental to him .. of course this is IMO

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

the rockets have gone 280-167 since moreys been GM.. he assembled the best rockets team weve had in years when he stole artest from the kings, he stole scola from the spurs.. and has maintained a roster that plays above .500 without a superstar let alone an all-star, yet this guy cant catch a break because he cant convince some spoiled diva superstars to play in houston. i think you guys need to relax. morey is in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation here on clutchfans.. if he pulls the trigger on dwight howard he'll be ridiculed for giving up so much talent.. if he keeps our guys then he gets ridiculed for being a guy that cant close the deal..

#TeamMorey you haters can kick rocks..

14. AbrahamLincoln

That seems like the plan now but who knows. There is going to be need to be some kind of State of the Rockets address given by Morey to the season ticket holders by the end of July.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

i've tried to explain this before: there are 29 other GM's in the NBA. they are also all making draft picks every year. some of them also make good picks. picks who turn into stars, even. morey has found a few good role players. good for him. it's his job to be able to find good players in the draft. i'd be surprised if any of the other 29 GM's have similarly cult-like followers who fawn over a few decent draft picks, nifty salary cap moves, and small, ultimately inconsequential wins in trades, while completely ignoring the big picture, and the fact that the GM has had virtually no success in moving the team in any direction other than laterally during a 5 year tenure.

he has had long enough. he doesn't have the right nor does he deserve to stick around for rebuilding, after accomplishing virtually nothing in 5 years.

he had his shot. on to the next one.

16. Trackball

Trackball Member

I am so making that my signature...or I would, but it's too long. Oh well, I'll put what I can.

17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

WORD.

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

Nobody wants to play here! U think dragic took the suns offer for the extra. 5 per year???? Or because hes tired of morey/moneyball crap?

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If you traded straight up the following:

Camby (the 38 year old version), Lee and Dragic

for

Asik, Lin and Lamb

who comes out ahead? We're basically swapping like for like and getting younger in the process.

Would I like to see us get an all-star? OH YEAH. But I don't think Lee/Dragic is a major fail...

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not exactly. . . If Goran was 32 I would agree
    but he is young enough to survive a Tanking and
    come out SEASONED on the other side

Rocket River