1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: MIP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jan 3, 2013.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

He is now averaging over 10 points per game more this year than lady. I would think that he would be getting heavy consideration because that appears to be the greatest difference in the NBA this year and people were really doubting that he could be the man I'm Houston. If not, I would think that Omer Asik would be up there. How do you go from getting hardly any playing time to averaGing a double double and the 4th leading rebounder without heavy consideration?! I would think one of them would win it over Kemba Walker!

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

Wow! Last time I am an OP using my cell phone! Ha ha. Lady = last year!

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

MVP??? Lol

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Kemba is playing 9 more minutes per game than last year. Harden is only playing 7 more. Kemba's shooting % is up, Harden's is down. Kemba is rebounding less, James more. Assists and steals are both up roughly the same. Harden's turnovers are not looking great, but he is the primary ball handler.

I don't know how voters weigh these numbers, but Harden is certainly in the limelight a bit more than a losing Bobcat team. After inspecting the numbers myself, I give the nod to Harden, but I'm a Rockets fan and Kemba should definitely be considered.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Don't laugh about that. This team is on Harden's shoulders. He will compete for MVP along with King James and KD.

6. DaneB

DaneB Member

Our team has a long ways to go before Harden gets into serious contention for MVP. I think that is a lot more likely when Houston is in the same realm as the Spurs, Thunder, or Heat. I would think that in the meantime he should be considered Most Improved Player (MIP)

7. Viola

Viola Member

MIP: HOUSTON ROCK iT```S!

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

He will be MVP if we can somehow end up being the 4th seed in the West.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

subject been brought up here more than couple times

and no to the award. it's cursed
    also the mvp award is cursed. mvp winners don't usually win the chip the same year

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

No, because the MVP usually isn't a true 'season' reward and MIP would be out of the question since he won 6th man last season and thus his talent was never in question for it warrant a legit Improvement.

12. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Missing In Portland stripclub?

13. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

w....t.....f......

14. trock

trock Member

Most Emancipated Player

15. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

In last 30 years 23 of 30 MVP winners where on #1 seeded teams. MVP awards have huge bias toward team records. Unless you think Houston will be #2 seed, I think Durant, LBJ, Melo, Chris Paul and even Tim Duncan would get more votes because they are alpha male on the best teams.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

IDK about MIP. If we wanna go there, I would pick Asik over Harden. Harden has proven he is an effective player where Asik was just a backup Center. I think Harden will be in the MVP race, but will end up being short to those mentioned above. I see an ALL NBA 3rd team and perhaps ALL NBA 2nd team for him though.

17. Grigori

Grigori Member

Well, he didn't really improve as a player, he just chucked that Westbrook chucker is all, so no, I don't think he'll win the MIP. As far as MVP goes, nah, by the time we eliminate OKC in the playoffs this year, it'll be too late for the MVP vote.

18. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

No to the MIP. Remember brooks?

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

MIP is for scrubs who develop into viable players, whether by improvement or by chucking like Aaron Brooks. Harden was an Olympian beforehand and given a max extension, so no.