1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jordan Hill shows his potential (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He looked lost off the ball alot of times... it can be fixed though.

3. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

His career high was tonight's 23 minutes? Wow. Was NY even interested in playing their lottery pick rookie, especially considering their record.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, hard to show potential when you are never given a chance...

5. jae713

jae713 Member

Yea, he did look lost at times. But he has the athletecism this team desperately needs.

6. LifeisButaDream

Thanks Clutch

7. Htown's2kFinest

hope he gets more PT.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He has a lot of potential. I'm glad Morey held out for him during the negotiations w/ Walsh.

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Without a doubt.

Adelman was riding the hot hands down the stretch, and it was evident that he's gained trust in Hill.

10. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Yup looking lost is ok, its his first time getting any real minutes anyways. If he missed shots and wide open lay-ups like Jared Jeffries then I'd be worried. But today he showed that he can attack the basket and rebound. It's still early, but I think this was a great move by DM.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Where are all the folks who claimed he was a cap-killing waste of a throw-in by the Knicks? That Morey had blown it? That the kid was a bust? Just where did they go? Put 15 pounds of muscle on Hill (Bull suggests that he can carry 20), actually teach him, and let him go to work. At the very least, he's a good backup for the 4 and possibly the 5, depending on how strong he gets. At best, who knows? That's what makes having a rookie with obvious potential fun. We simply don't know, but we get to find out.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Jordan Hill is looking very promising. I thought the Tracy trade with NY was just about getting picks for a trade but could Jordan Hill develop to be our new backup 4/5 next year?

I can't wait to see what he looks like when he comes back next summer.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

That play off the jeffries' free throw miss oozed with potential.

SOMEONE GET CD TO WORK WITH THIS CHAP.

14. trugoy

trugoy Member

seems to have very good body control, anyone notice the and1 where he finished with his left hand after taking off from his left foot, that requires some good body control.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I missed the game but this video clearly shows Jordan Hill has more potential in his toenail than Joey Dorsey could ever dream of. So much for that nonsense. Hopefully Hill can gain some polish, add a little bulk and crack the rotation next season. I don't know if he'll pan out but at least there is hope.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The hook shot that he made was particularly impressive. I liked his rebounding,energy and athleticism. He didn't give up ground on defense either despite his slight frame and inexperience.

17. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Thanks, Clutch ...

He is playing like a vet tonight ... 5-9, 12pts, 8 rbs ... 0 TO!!! , add some defense, I will take him over Chuck Hayes any day.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nice work, Clutch. Hill's minutes and contributions were basically the only pleasant surprise in an otherwise stinker of a night. I'm glad to see both Adelman's openness to giving significant minutes as well as Hill's ability tonight to take advantage of the opportunity. Hopefully, he's not as much of a project as I had first imagined.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hopefully we see more of Hill.

Remember Andersen has been out, I think that is the main reason for his recent upswing for minutes.

20. LifeisButaDream

Hill was not a throw in.You dont throw in youre Lottery pick in a cap space clearing trade unless you have to.Looks like Scola pt2 to me.Ny will be kicking them selves for years.