1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden slump

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

outside of the first two games where Harden went off, he is averaging...

20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 37% fg and 31% 3PT

Should we be worried?

2. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

3. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

And his defense is trash Kobe just ran around him and Parsons

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

No....we've all seen what he's capable of. He just needs time to adjust and mentally grow into his role as the #1 option.

1 person likes this.
  6. duteman

duteman Member

Yes, but in the sense that coaches should give him more rest. TD/LIN backcourt can work. Coaches need to.use it to rest harden so he can ne most effective

7. split41

split41 Member

I wouldn't worry. I still think Harden has given too much weight to his image as "the man," give him time to realise he ain't lebron or kobe. With some more team gelling and refining his shot selection he'll be fine.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In McGrady's first month as a Rocket (04/05), he averaged 20 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 41% shooting, Harden is a higher turnover guy, but he also is a more efficient scorer (even during this "slump") because of the number of FTs he makes.

Not saying Harden will be as good as McGrady was in his prime (he doesn't possess the same defensive potential or the ability to create shots for himself anywhere on the floor), but he's young and he has a lot of room to grow as a player. The slumps are expected as he adjusts to a newer role.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

After watching tonight's game, not so much.

His shot is still inconsistent, but he knows what to do with the ball.

10. Arthurprescott2

I think he just needs more time to adjust. His shot selection has been strange lately. He's having to deal with defenses closing out on him much more quickly. Also no one falls for his shot fakes anymore - what happened??

11. Arthurprescott2

That said, he'll be fine - just a necessary adjustment period.

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Looks like the best player we've had in years, even with the fg %.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he seems to play his worst against the elite players

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

definitely should be worried cuz its his 6th year as a 1st option right? no its his first year, and he's avg 24/5/4 . stop being greedy

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He got 10 rebounds and 6 assists.

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

I told y'all he was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!11

But seriously, Im not too worried. We all knew he had to come back to earth at some point, so here we are. He's obviously better than the way he's shooting right now. He'll get it going again.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

No it happens he will bounce out of it I am not worried. I do agree he is playing way to many minutes it is insane. And i don't like that he gets way to hyped for some of these match ups & makes dumb decisions. But he is young & will get better. He is worth that money anybody who says otherwise is wrong. Just my two cents.

18. Lihao

Lihao Member

defensively , he's still a lot of works to do.
    offensively, he'll be fine, just need to stop forcing his own shots and trust his teammates .

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Harden looked bad shooting the ball tonight. Inside the arena, it was clear that he and the rest of the starters just didn't have their legs. I don't know if they were practicing hard the last couple days or what, but they looked slow and short. Dwight Howard patrolling the paint probably was a factor.

After watching him live for the first time, I'm not convinced Harden will ever be a top-5 superstar player. If he was that good, we probably couldn't have gotten him. But he's still learning a very new and different role, he's young, and he's certainly been good if not spectacular of late.

Plus, he definitely did run the team during the crucial minutes late in the 4th. He did well at it, too. Glad to have him on the team.