1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See, they may be far apart now, but once his agent asks around, they may be a lot closer than they thought.

Or they may need Morey to come up a bit....- try not to get too caught up in the Twitterized situation and let negotiations play out as they usually do.

DD

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Miami showed you don't really need a star PG, if you have a star SF
    PGs can't carry teams like other superstars

Pay him all that I care, you lose on Howard's friend Lee, and other things will follow

3. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

He's not worth it

4. Jamers

Jamers Member

let lowry stay! he's a lot cheaper! :grin:

5. DaDakota

Yeah good organizations keep lower talented players because they are cheaper !

Man, when did the world turn upside down and the Clippers get better than us?

DD

6. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Dragic has a much higher ceiling than Kyle and I believe he can reach Nash's level. We can not let this guy walk. He's going to be a top 5 pg someday and he'll be worth every penny we spend on him. Why not offer him a back loaded contract with the last year being a team option. 5 years 50-55 million with the last year giving him around what 15-16 million. We'd at least save the last years worth of his contract if he wasn't worth it by opting out.

1 person likes this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Greedy b*stard.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

Not optimistic on this.

source: http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/03/goran-dragic-free-agent-rockets-suns/

Report: Houston Rockets, Goran Dragic reunion not likely

Goran Dragic and the Houston Rockets appear likely to part ways. (Bill Baptist/Getty Images)

The Houston Rockets and 26-year-old point guard Goran Dragic were “far apart” on terms of a new deal on Monday, ESPN’s Marc Stein reported.

After the Rockets originally expected a quick deal, they now appear likely to lose Dragic — one source close to the process told Stein that a deal was “not going to happen.” Dragic will now move on to visit the Phoenix Suns, the team that traded him to the Rockets at the 2011 deadline.

SI’s Sam Amick reported earlier Monday that a number of teams were interested in Dragic. From Amick’s report:

A source close to free-agent point guard Goran Dragic said the Raptors, Suns, Nets, Hornets, Lakers and Rockets have all expressed interest. The Rockets, for whom Dragic shined in the second half of last season, are said to be coming on the strongest. But Dragic, according to the source, has a serious interest in being part of a winning team and will consider that factor as much as the money. The source made it clear, however, that Dragic expects to be a starter for whichever team he joins.

Stein reported that Dragic is looking for an average salary of at least $10 million per year and that he wants to be a starter.

Dragic came on strong for the Rockets after this season’s All-Star break, when starter Kyle Lowry went down with an injury. He averaged 16.3 points and 7.3 assists after the All-Star break. Overall, he put up 11.7 points and 5.3 assists per game while starting 28 games.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So he's somewhere inbetween the Dan Langhi delusions and Vassilis Spanoulis erotic fantasies?

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If this is true, Morey is indeed the man. C'mon you guys, if Dragic does not accept that kind of money, ain't nothing we can do. Well, perhaps DD can make up the difference.

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Dragic is not a $10 million a year player and if someone pays him that they are idiots, but one thing I will say when it comes to NBA free agency is every year some average player gets paid some ridiculous amount of money. It happens every year and I am not sure the Rockets didn't do it already with Asik.

12. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Pay the man.

13. DaDakota

No, I would say he is way ahead of both of them.

VSpan - I only wanted him to play to find out if he could be part of the future because the team was going nowhere and Rafer sucked - but it got blown way out of proportion.

Dan Langhi - I liked him in the summer league, but was exaggerating on what he would become because folks were teasing me about the summer league so I went with it.

DD

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Wow, you'd turn on him over a single PoopsWorld line?

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Its still early in the FA process, really doubt he gets that $10 million especially if the Raptors get Nash and I can't see Phoenix offering that much either after drafting Kendall Marshall.

16. DaDakota

NEGOTIATIONS !

He would not sign as long as Lowry is still here anyway, let's see this all work out.

DD

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I'm not turning on him. I want him back, but not for that kind of money. The Rockets' offer is very generous.

18. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

man if true thats actually a very fair offer. I don't think he gets 10 million unless Phoenix gets desperate. I just don't understand how it can be reported that Dragic to Houston is not going to happen according to "SOURCES". I'm tired of all these douches tweeting every two seconds when there just making **** up.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I thought the report was that he wanted it to average 10/year? Start at 8 and escalate up could average 10 per.

20. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

lol, yup. screw dat. welcome home kyle