1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] No hesitation: In one play, Troy Daniels answers the call and Jeremy Lin finds redempti

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

First! Can't wait to read

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

This is atrocious!

This is blasphemy!

You're a LOF Clutch!

Just kidding, good read clutch.

Thanks for the article.

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

THANK YOU.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

One question though, were you hungry when you wrote this?

I want some bacon now.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Great write up!

7. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

he is exactly who we need

we should start him in game 4 instead of Parsons

he can rain 3s from all over the court and perfect compliment to our team

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

One thing I didn't notice before on the ESPN broadcast is that not only did Daniels take that three pointer, he called for the ball.

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Indeed. Bullard pointed that out too. He WANTED that shot and WANTED that moment when a lot of guys would have just simply slid over a little too far and sheepishly made themselves unavailable for a pass due to the angles.

10. txtodd

txtodd Member

Played that over and over to try to figure out why Mo Williams fell. Looks like Harden tackled him with no hesitation either.

11. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

That play also saved Harden. Low percentage volume shooting with clutch TO and down 0-3 would have serious bad impact on his confidence.

1 person likes this.
  12. clutz

clutz Member

When I watched it live I swore it should have been a loose ball foul on Lin, but, yeah, it was Harden, and you get why the end of the Portland bench was so upset. The baseline official swallowed his whistle.

Good write-up by Clutch on the head-snapping disparity of Lin's play from one possession to the next.

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Mo is an old man.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Clutch nailed it, I think. I keep watching that clip and just being amazed how much quicker Lin is to the ball and with the ball than *everybody* else. He went into some sort of instinctive mode and owned that moment. (Probably the same instincts that showed him the seam in transition on the previous blown lay-up play.)

And I also applaud Clutch for not going into the point about Howard being open on the play. The passing lanes were more clogged down there, *and* if we'd gotten a Howard bucket, the Blazers could have let Lillard just work our defense for an easier two-pointer, instead of having them go for a contested three.

15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I agree. Just my gut but I think Lin was probably trying to go for a wide open three point dagger shot with Daniels as opposed to them probably fouling D12 or making a play for the ball.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The best part was seeing Asik pumped up. I have never seen him so engaged and shwoing this much emotion

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks for the article Clutch! As always, you did a great job!

I am so glad that it was Lin who helped out at the end! No, I'm not a LOF, it's just that had it been someone else (Beverley) there would be a lot of stone throwing today (there is some), despite us winning the game!...And I would much rather enjoy reading about our victory in hostile territory, versus a tidal wave of bickering in CF's! I know I'm a "Wierdo"....:grin:

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, the free throw thing is a great point. I'm not saying Lin was thinking that through, but imagine he lobs to Dwight but it just results in a hard foul and D12 on the line for the game. :-{

19. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

As much as people bash Lin's decision making, did no one realize that Harden decided to dribble and run the play instead of calling TO therefore we were forced to bring the ball up from backcourt....

1 person likes this.
  20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I loved JVG repeatedly saying "this guy can flat out shoot!" haha