1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The best commercials on TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by finalsbound, Nov 12, 2003.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

...are all the Budweiser commercials. There's the one where the three white guys are all dressed out in hip-hop clothes, long chains, jerseys and everything. They run into the conservatively-dressed black guys and they all just stop dead at the corner, staring at each other. Then the white dudes walk away and the black guys start laughing.

There's also that one with the three friends watching the black comedian on TV and the only black guy among the friends is giggling hysterically while the two other guys look at him like he's nuts.

But by far my favorite one is the reporter and the football player.
    Reporter: So, Leon, what are your feelings on today's loss?
    Player: Look, I been carryin' this team on my back the whole season. I can't do everything myself. Those guys really need to step up and help me out.
    Reporter: So...your 4 fumbles had nothing to do with it?
    Player: They should have jumped on it. Once again...I can't do everything myself.
    Reporter: There's no "I" in team.
    Player: Yeah, there ain't no "We" either.

That one makes me lol.

Anyone else got any ideas of some funny or creative commercials?

2. drapg

drapg Member

The only commercial that deserves to be on this list is:

"Wing maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!"

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like the video game one(for some 18 wheeler racing game).

You see an 18-wheeler rocking back and forth and all you hear is:
    "Who's your daddy" about 10 times. Then, "Why do you keep asking who my daddy is?....Your my cousin."

Great stuff. :D

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I thought it was "there ain't no <b>Lee</b> either." as in Leon . . . Lee . . . I must have misheard it.

My favorite are the Real American Heros -- "We salute you, mister really bad toupee wearer".

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Those first two budweiser commercials annoy me. They paint the white man in a bad light. If the roles were reversed (especially the first one) there would be outrage.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Yeeaah..."we salute you, Mister footlong hotdog man."

Funny stuff.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Like I once had a teacher say, "The only type of person you can get away with discriminating against is a straight white guy."

:)

8. rudager

rudager Member

That or the Axe commercial where the 'bad' side of the guy's personality does the tongue-out devil face while dancing with that girl. Makes me laugh every time.

9. rudager

rudager Member

At least I think it's an Axe commercial.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

the rockets promo in some place (i think it was d&b). favorite part is boki's "oh... wow" when the little girl hits the bell in that "test your strength" game.

old, old, geico commercial when the guy in the diner said he didn't want mayo on his sandwich, so the waitress picks up the top piece of bread and rubs it against the edge of the table to get off the mayo. just the expression on her face was funny.

that commercial (forgot who it was for) where the guy gets coffee spilled on him and says "ooooo! looks like i'm having tea" and later gets hit in the nards by one of his friends with a bowling ball.

i still laugh at the cedric and poodle commercial too. the thump when it hits the roof of the car... good stuff.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Big wieners are funny!

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

my favorite one is I think a budweiser true commerical where the football referee is doing a first down measurement and the measure comes up short. Then the ref makes the announcement and shows the length of the yard needed to make a first down with his fingers, and then he says "with this you have drama, but with this, people are changing channels, but this drama."

13. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

LOL the way he says it, you can tell its so staged and it was dubbed later

my favorite is the one where tracy morgan meets ben wallace on that staircase and tells him that he has "achieved the ISO motion"
    i dont know why, but i crack up everytime i see it

i also love the carmelo jumpman commercial

14. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

The Twins!!!!!!!!!:D

[​IMG]

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I like the "If you can't find a Pilgrim's in 10 minutes you're lost" commercials. What a hoot.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Oh yes...I love all of the Tracy Morgan commercials for the Espn games....my favorite is the basketball one though.

"When I dunk on you, it will look unorthadox."

I don't know why, I love that.

Another favorite of mine lately are those McDonalds monopoly commercials with that really goofy looking guy in it. He turns into a body builder, a millionare....I don't know why, it's just funny damnit!

17. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

OMG, I started laughing just reading this. Damn, I wish I could see the actual commercial!!

The worst are anything for Coors. f--- the twins, the commercial is stupid. The music is stupid, the people look stupid, Kid Rock is stupid, and the beer sucks . . . that's my opinion anyways. Ya know what other commercials suck? The Wild Turkey Burbon ones on the radio. I hate them so much it's almost indescribable. The fakeness of the "real friends" and their insipid conversations. It almost makes me want to never drink again . . .

18. droxford

droxford Member

"We salute you, Mr. Taco salad inventor"

-- droxford

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the wingman song has been permanently etched in my brain. it's hilarious.

apparently along the lines of that referee one, there's one where they call holding and explain "it happens on every play, but we wait until this crucial moment to call it just to annoy you."

all budweiser commercials are great. the black guy laughing with the two white guys staring is hilarious (the crowd reactions on tv are great too).

i'm pretty sure it's "yeah well there ain't no we either." that's what i've always thought and saying lee would be a weird way of playing off leon. we just makes more sense to me. but i've misheard stuff before.

the one where the guy on the deserted island keeps getting messages in a bottle from that guy (brain henderson?). the way the brian guy says "yeah wow" at his bottle idea is hilarious.

the first terry tate commercial for the super bowl is still the greatest commercial of all time.

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Washington Mutual and your right it`s hillarious :D I especially like the part where he`s at the dentist and he`s drilling his teeth and then the nurse realizes she has the x-rays upside down and reverses them and the dentist gets up and switches sides and says "my bad"