1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motion for Jeremy Lin political party quashed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Gabriel, Nov 26, 2012.

1. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Please lock/merge if posted.

"TAIWAN, The Ministry of the Interior recently rejected an application for the establishment of a political party named after NBA sensation Jeremy Lin, saying that using someone’s name as the title of a political party runs counter to the common practices of democratic politics and violates the Civil Code."

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/11/26/2003548652

Wow, JL for President? :grin:

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Jeremy Lin Party, the Taiwan Pirate Party, the Chinese Youth Party, the Youth China Party and the China Middle and Youth Party.
    Hah, that's pretty awesome.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gb_qHP7VaZE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gb_qHP7VaZE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They could probably get enough votes from the Lin fans on this forum alone ;).

4. kastuul

kastuul Member

Taiwanese fans are idiots.
    Lin is American.

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I used to think it would be cool to be famous and have a devoted following. Now I think it's just plain creepy and dangerous. I wouldn't want any of these crazy fans near me or my family.

Perhaps the reason why Lin is shooting so badly is because he's paranoid and constantly on edge worrying that at any minute some deranged fan is gonna pop out of his laundry basket. I heard he's taken to sleeping with a night light and has hired private security.

I mean, at this rate, the poor guy's gonna come home one day to find half the Taiwanese parliament sniffing his drawers or something weird like that.

#6 Aruba77, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. ashiin

ashiin Member

Yeap. I think it was alright for fans to go nuts before but this is way overboard. One of the times where I feel ashamed to be Taiwanese

8. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Just seems like a weird publicity stunt -- to get attention for their cause?

9. txtodd

txtodd Member

Now he'll have to run as a third scorer party?

1 person likes this.
  10. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

and i thought the three indian dudes were creepy enough in stalking Yao

11. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

this needs to go in Garm

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hmm, oh yeah those guys. I wonder how long until we see a redux with Jeremy and his parents. You know this is going to happen it is just a matter of when.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Agree with the move bc of this ^^. Clearly a Rockets basketball discussion now.