1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.A. Happ

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by bustanut82, May 6, 2012.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Gose is 21 in AAA, plays a premium position, and has 5 tool potential. Gose his 16HR and stole 70 bases last year in AA. That's pretty damn good for a 20 year old.

Wallace is 25.

2. Bigpetelikeiron

Yes I do. I also remember that they did not win a championship. I also know that has we kept Oswalt our team was still not good enough to win a championship. The trade didn't matter. It didn't work out for either team. I for one hated the trade because I loved Roy Oswalt as a player but was happy to see him go somewhere to get a chance to win it all. He still has not. The Astros are now well into rebuilding. The trade is neither good or bad.

3. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Sucks big ol' DONKEY BALLLLSSSS

4. conquistador#11

i'm always unhapp-y when he pitches. part ways with him.

5. juicystream

Does any trade where the team doesn't win a championship a failure?

Would you consider the Beltran trade a failure because we didn't win the WS?

6. Astrocreep2012

He's had 4 Quality starts. And the other, he allowed 4 runs in 5 innings.

This Cardinal game has been the only game where he looked clueless.

AND "this just in" The Cardinals can HIT! (I hate them)

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

3 of which were bare minimum quality starts. Well, the one he threw last week, he went 6 1/3. Happ has been decidedly mediocre to be honest. Gets a fair share of strikeouts and his command issues.

8. Bigpetelikeiron

I wouldn't say it is a failure but I would say it isn't worth feeling like you are on the losing end of a trade when you haven't really lost much and the other team certainly didn't gain much. It would make more sense saying the trade looks bad if Roy O had gone to the Phillies and won 23 games, a Cy Young and the World Series and we have what we have. That didn't happen so the whole thing isn't even worth viewing in that light. That just my opinion of course and does not have to shared.

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

If there's one guy to blame for that, it's this guy.

[​IMG]

10. juicystream

I think Wade will be looked back upon much better as time goes on. I wouldn't want him as a contender, but I think he made mostly good trades and when finally asked to rebuild, he did it quickly.

11. Astrocreep2012

You do realize, he probably didn't choose to exit the game, he was pulled by the coach?

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

seriously? we got our 2 top prospects out of that trade.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah i don't get the problem. That's seriously the LAST trade you should take issue with out of the last few years

14. juicystream

He was over 100 pitches in all those starts except his first. That is a product of Happ being inefficient. Not to mention Happ probably allows more runs if allowed to stay in those games.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Thinking about this more, and looking at the greater plan at work, I think you keep Happ and let him pitch until someone on the farm is ready to take the slot on an every day basis. Despite our better than expected record and performance thus far this year, we are not heading to the playoffs. We are instead, aligning ourselves to have the right set of players peak together at some future point (2-3 years?). What our record is, or Happs performance is this year is really meaningless.

16. Astrocreep2012

I'll take 6 innings and 3 runs, ALL YEAR from him. You have to give him atleast 5 more starts to see if he can go back to 6/3.

17. juicystream

I would to, but that really isn't that valuable when you have 4-5 guys who are younger and capable of the same production knocking on the door.

18. Astrocreep2012

Not doubting you. But tell me who?

Clemens (SP?) and Lyles are all I know about. (that were that close)

19. juicystream

Clemens
    Lyles
    Sosa
    Keuchel
    Rodriguez

Any of them could probably post an ERA around 5 like Happ has been doing. I'm not sweating it right now though. If we go into June, and his ERA is over 5, I'm at least considering moving him to the pen.

20. Astrocreep2012

The Astros need a "On the Farm" Podcast or something...I haven't heard anything about Keuchel, and he's having a great year.