1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S III

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by underoverup, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Seems like a smaller Galaxy Note without the stylus and has a quad-core Exynos processor which is nice. I don't really like the design all that much.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

not impressed

seems like the One X is now the top phone out there for at least this year

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Meh. I'm not excited anymore :(
    4.8 is way too big for me, and I quickly realized that a 2100mah battery still isn't enough. (At least for LTE users, it might be for GSM users)

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The designs can change significantly amongst carriers. Just compare ATT's white GS2 to Sprint's white GS2. Sprint's is sexy, ATT's is meh. With the GS1 carriers had even more variation. Hell, the GS2 released with different screen sizes in the US.

5. Scionxa

True.
    Sprint even had an original Galaxy S with a keyboard (Epic 4G)

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah that's true. This particular design though, I wouldn't be a fan of buying.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

#88 OmegaSupreme, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  9. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

"Samsung Galaxy S III HSPA+ arriving in May"

Does this include T-Mo here in the US?

10. Zion

Zion Member

Design wise, it's horrible!!!

SGS2 and GNEX look much nicer. After all the hype what a disappointment.

11. Scionxa

watch them put Snapdragon S4's (dual core) and piss everyone off lol :grin:

12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

The phone isn't that much bigger than the gnex at all. Just a hair longer and tad wider but noticeably thinner. I'd imagine it'd feel very similar to the gnex in hand but geez they really took advantage of the real estate. that 4.8 looks so much bigger than the gnex's 4.65 especially since they don't use software keys.

Samsung has packed in some neat features but most of them I won't use. I wonder if there will be a way to add some of those features into vanilla ICS. I like that it still has the microSD. I was hoping for a mini-hdmi so I wouldn't have to use a MHL adapter which requires a power source.

And I agree that more than likely the phone will come with a different processor if it came over to the states. I was really disappointed there were no announcements of any tablets.

I was hoping for an 8" ICS power tablet of some sort. Overall just not enough to switch away from my gnex since my guess is some of those features will be easily had once devs get their hands on it.

Mildly impressed. I'd probably get it over the HTC ONE X just for the screen size alone but definitely would probably opt for a AT&T LTE version. At least with that I could turn off LTE and still get great battery life and HSPA+ speeds

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

That's really underwhelming. Particularly in the design. The One X looks so much better IMO.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

For .1"?:eek:

I'm sticking with the Evo One X (aka Evo 4g LTE).

15. moose

moose Member

Since I am with t-mobile, I will probably settle with this.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I like the design, and I think it will be a huge hit. The complaints about Samsung's use of plastic are overrated in my opinion and most people will love that it is so light and sturdy just like the Galaxy S2. Once again the outstanding performance of the new Exynos CPU will set this phone apart like it did for the GSII, and the new software features will be a big draw, especially the photo sharing/tagging stuff, S Voice and eye tracking. And contrary to what you think, the 4.8" GSIII is actually about the same size as the HTC One X - about 0.05 inches longer, same width and weight. They simply minimized the bezel around the screen to make it bigger.

I don't like Apple myself, but people were crapping all over Apple like this when the iPhone 4S was released ("bah! token spec upgrade! y no new groundbreaking design? iOS5 and Siri are gimmicks!") and it went on to shatter sales records. You don't climb to the top of the mobile phone food chain by catering to tech geek expectations. You do it by making stuff everyone else wants to use, and I think Sammy has done well for themselves here to put a lot of pressure on Apple as their chief smartphone competitor.

#96 JeopardE, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  17. Burko

Burko Member

One word to describe this.... Incremental.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The quad a9 are not going to be as good as two kraits. Samsung should have really put out dual a15.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That S3 has a ton of power, but I think the S2 has plenty of power to hold me over until the S4 comes out. The rumor on the S4 is dual 3.2 Mhz quad cores, a 5.9 inch 3D holographic screen, and 6 gigs of RAM. It will also have a 1080P projector for playing movies against a screen or white wall.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You left out what I think will be one of the more important features:

It will fold up four times so that it fits into your pocket neater than a pack of gum.

Sucks it will only have a 1,000 mah battery that is nonremovable, though.