1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Talking Rockets with CSN Houston's Adam Wexler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

We are a veteran Point Guard away from being serious contenders. We are missing that leadership and a player that can be that coach on floor and settle things down when time is right. Boy I would love Rondo on this team. I also wouldn't mind Andre Miller being here for a veteran presents.

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Love wex

1 person likes this.
  4. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol why do these Csn reporters look like Clowns?

First that guy who did an interview with T-Mac and know him.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh yeah... I'm gonna need you guys to do that again... like once a week please. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

This team needs a backup center that actually plays, a veteran PG like Rondo or Miller, a backup SG to reduce Harden's minutes and take some of the wear and tear off of him, and maybe a 4. There are two trades that come to mind that answer two of the four things that we are missing. One trade is with the 76ers for Hawes and Turner and the other is with the Celtics for Rondo and Bass. Right now I am leaning towards the 76ers trade just because I think they would make more of an impact but I am not sure which one I like better. The only other thing that I think would make this team an instant contender and I know that Morey loves the guy is somehow acquiring Carmelo Anthony. I know a lot of people hate him but the guy can flat out ball. The only thing he needs is a second star next to him. Look what he did in Denver with Chauncey Billups next to him. Think what he could do with Harden and Howard next to him. Western Conference Finals at least IMO. They could even make it to the finals with a starting lineup of Howard, Jones, Anthony, Harden, and Beverley. It would be sick.

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

The Big Show with Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson was an awesome listen on the drive into work. These guys use to talk a lot of Rockets when others wouldn't. That show had really good insight.

However, I've slowly learned to really enjoy, their replacement, The Proper Gentlemen of Sports (with Lance and Adam)

Thanks for the podcast, Clutch

1 person likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great insight from Adam. Great job Clutch!

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good job Clutch!

Hope Wex gets a job back at 790. Him and Matt used to talk Rockets. Now its all football with Lance in there despite Adam Clanton trying his best to talk basketball. Lance would just divert back to football or some random story

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

where was the ho chen interview last year? jk

thx for putting in the time to give us this awesome content. Adam knows his stuff.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

was wexler the in-studio guy with Ackerman during game broadcasts going back to last season and before that?

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I believe that is Joel Blank.

Wexler used to work the big show on 790 in the mornings with Matt Jackson.

13. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Great stuff ! Let's make Wexler a honorary clutchfan.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Joel Blank is definitely doing it these days, I was wondering if anyone knew if that role used to be Wexler's when he was with 610 before he went to 790.

I'm trying to remember if maybe he was the guy Jim and Gene used to turn to for halftime radio analysis.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I thought the Lowry conversation was very interesting.

There are plenty of concerns now from Toronto's POV for doing that trade but you have to wonder whether or not they would do a deal with Houston (despite downgrading talent) to move Lowry & a "poor" contract like Steve Novak (who might turn into a revelation again in Houston) for Lin & a pick?

The concerns from Houston's angle right now are pretty minuscule IMO. Lowry and McHale not getting along probably had more to do with Lowry getting butthurt over Dragic stealing his starting stop, and the situation is a bit different now in Houston now with a completely new cast with him tailor made to lead this team deep into the playoffs.

Also the "about the be a free agent" talk doesn't really concerns me. If he works out for the Rockets I think he resigns to a reasonable deal, and I think you go ahead and lock up him and Parsons to long term deals.

If he doesn't work out, than you let him walk, possibly pick up the last year on Parsons' deal and play the free agency market this Summer and the one after.

16. rocketblood713

Adam Wexler should tell his hair cut person to keep the sideburns lol

1 person likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm gonna shave my sideburns to be like Wex.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Hmm....

Landry Fields, Steve Novak, Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson ($18,000,000)

for

Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, Terrence Jones, Ronnie Brewer ($18,000,000)

Bad:
    - You lose Terrence Jones
    - You take on Novak's deal
    - Lowry will be a free agent and will he cause problems?

Good:
    - You get your starting point guard
    - You get a good fit at the PF spot with Patterson
    - You add a 3 point shooter in Novak
    - Beverly goes to the bench

C - Howard/Smith
    PF- Patterson/Parsons/Montie
    SF- Parsons/Novak/Fields
    SG- Harden/Beverly/Fields
    PG- Lowry/Beverly/Brooks

1 person likes this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Fans STILL can't see the Rockets on TV. Two years! TWO YEARS!

20. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Just from what you said clutch, it would be pretty cool if you managed to get Jason Friedman and Craig Ackerman with yourself to recreate what was rocketscasts. I use to love them because they were so frequent it seemed after every home stand/ road trip they would be doing anouther one. I realise they are not allowed to do them anymore for the risk of another fine but surely it's not in breach if they talk about other players when they're on clutchfans?