1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Felton was without a doubt the worst starting PG in the NBA last season. He's looked better this year, but he's still not that good.

Sadly, he actually has been better than Jeremy Lin this season.

2. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You know what, as a Lin fan, I am actually getting tired of Lin calling himself young, and asking everyone for patience... he wasn't too young to accept the 25 million dollar contract, so he needs to stop making excuses to himself and to the people rooting for him (and hating against him). If he has been subpar, he needs to own up to it, say "I've played like s**t so far" and shoot a 1000 practice shots, and go after 'em. There's nothing worse than seeing an asian male whine.

And Harden needs to get him laid, I promise you his shots will far the following night.

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I gotta disagree. That comment makes me think Jlin has "downgraded" himself from the player he was during Linsanity.

It's concerning if JLin is admitting he's not as good as he once was.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I feel sometimes Lin should just quit talking to the media....:grin:

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

That's gold :grin:

6. pnr

pnr Member

That is the first time I've seen Lin make an excuse for his play, even if it is somewhat half-hearted. He's really going through a rough stretch right now.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Felton IS better than Lin, NO DOUBT!!!

8. lfw

lfw Rookie

I guess Lin saying he has been exposed a lot so far this season is not owning up to his performance?

Of course he is going to ask for people to be patient. What else is he going to say? Give up on me?

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Stop posting.

10. SunsRocketsfan

Felton 20pts 9 assists. lin 7 pts 4 assits 4 turnovers

Hopefully i can eat crow tonight

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sampson should do Lin a favor and send him to the D-League.

He'll get his confidence back and then the pressure will be gone.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

As much as I'd like to see Lin have the game of his life and piss all over the Knicks, I think there's a real danger overhyping what this game really means. It means absolutely nothing. I don't think we get a glimpse of Linsanity until the coaching staff decides to stop relegating him to a spot up shooter who just camps out on the 3pt line. His worth is in facilitating offense through his penetration. Until the coaches put together a gameplan to take advantage of that, Linsanity is dead.

13. pnr

pnr Member

Its not pressure, it's his form not being where it was pre-surgery. Lin was under so much more pressure in NY especially after the miami game. He did well he had 14/5 under woodson shooting 40%. This was while he had a torn meniscus and the team was blowing out opponents so Lin didn't even have to play in the 4th for some games. Granted the sample size was 7 games, but still. If lin can get gis fg up to 40, he would be averaging 15 points and 7 assists. Those are not bad. He is just in a huge funk right now and needs to get that sorted out.

14. Exel

Exel Member

I really hope Jeremy isn't treating this like any other game. He has to do what DWill did last time when he played against Jeremy again and go for the jugular. He needs to punish Carmelo, JR, and Felton for slighting him. If this game can't bring out some emotional intensity out of Lin, then he definitely is in a major mental funk.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Heh... I wouldn't be using the words "much more body" if I were Ray. Not around Portland fans, at least. :)

[​IMG]

16. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

He is better than Lin which is pathetic.

17. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

What can he do? Rockets media dept yesterday arranged the post practice press section and he was asked those questions by the NY media.

Do you suggest he just tell those media people: F*** off, I'm not gonna answer any questions.

No player wants to talk to the media after a bad game. Harden twice didn't make himself available to the media when he had that very bad performance a few games back. But we all know Lin is Lin, too nice to say no.

By the way, had Lin not made himself facing the media, people probably would say: what a wuss. :rolleyes:

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

...at being a lazy underachiever instead of a tireless overachiever.

19. catch22

catch22 Member

i don't want to debate who is better, but god damn i hate felton's fat face

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Being called out by Felton should be the wake-up call that Lin needed.

I want to see some Linsanity tonight.