1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] Yao Ming Return & Courtney Lee Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yao Ming's return to NBA basketball after 17 months

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ukUA4PKMVaI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ukUA4PKMVaI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Courtney Lee's first game as a Houston Rocket

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJM9OtFRF_8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJM9OtFRF_8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Thanks Clutch. I really like lee, he fits great in adelman's system

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Thanks. I have been waiting for this... :)

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

thanks so much.

yao looks fine with me. timing is the only problem he has right now. i don't understand why ppl on another thread asked so much from yao on his game after 17 month layoff.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Everything for Lee off the bounce, I hope he and Lowry work, but if they both bounce it, they will clash.

DD

6. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Lee looked even worse than Yao. The guy is overrated.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's hard to imagine both km and ab take break at same time so we expect kl and cl won't play together for an extended period.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

this is the first game he played with other rox players. you can see they're not on the same page. c'mon give him a little bit time to make a conclusion.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

AB & Lee are good fit, and Lowry & Martin are good fit.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

AB is a good fit with both.

Anyway, thanks for the video capture edits Clutch.

DD

11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

In this particular game, when Lee struggled, we REALLY REALLY struggled. A couple air balls and some really bad turnovers. Though, when he made some plays he look really good. Just give him some time to adjust.

I do agree AB & Lee is a good pair. Lowry & Martin also go good with each other.

12. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Yes, those amazingly high expectations that come with being a 2nd year back-up SG making 1.3 mil, he is definitely overrated. :rolleyes:

Once he is confident in pulling up on his mid range jump shots they will go in so much that you all will be C Lee fans, the kid is fearless and can be an efficient scorer when not the first option.

Yao wasn't very good for the first 20 games of his rookie year, that's important to remember. He had to get acclimated to the rigors of being a big in the NBA, and that is about to happen all over again. Strong center won't pose as much of a problem as young, energetic, and agile centers. San Antonio is gonna suck, but Dejuan Blair will double Yao's rebounds whenever they're on the court together for the first matchup.

13. johnnyonthespot

Lee looked decent, but not as good as some people talked him up to be in the post-game analysis. With that said, its his first game with this team and I see a lot of positive things from him, such as athleticism, quickness on D, and willingness to fearlessly attack the basket. In time he should be a very solid addition to our already exciting team. I can't wait to see him play live instead of having to watch highlights.

14. HorneR

HorneR Member

Adleman's clearly experimenting with Lee giving him a bit more flexibility and freedom than he's used to, and seeing what comes of it. This is, of course, the best time of the year to try things like that out.

I'm not understanding why anyone expected more out of Yao after such a long layoff. Not to mention, Big Z was quoted saying he didn't feel truly healthy until 2 years after the surgery. We're lucky the Big Fella put in so much work during rehab or we could have had him in this condition during the postseason.

Lee looked great to me. He will, imo, eventually get that entry pass down. It looked more like a chemistry issue to me. He looked great on D, and off the bounce. Plus, his athleticism was clear better than advertised.

15. mazinger

mazinger Member

Lee was trying to play point. He had the ball way too much on his hands. Give the ball to Lowry.

16. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Yao really didn't look that bad. Even when he was beat on defense, it looked more like he just let the guy by than that he couldn't move or didn't see it. It looked to me like Yao was trying to go through the motions and not exert himself too hard.

17. HorneR

HorneR Member

Once again, that was most likely under Adleman's orders. After all the reports of Lee being a viable option at the point, the coaching staff was most likely testing that theory in a real game situation. He'll most likely return to his role as a spot up shooter once the regular season starts.

18. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Thanks for the vids!

Yao diving for the ball on the ground says A LOT...

CL is pretty darn quick... he was not BSing.

Chemistry is all we need.

No injuries = success

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His shot looked fluid off the dribble....good ball handling skills...quick with the ball.....solid defense...can drive...what exactly was overrated?

Everything he did wrong is based on timing...some of his shots look rushed and he hesitated on passes. Nothing that cant be fixed as he settls in more and more.

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

....why do Western Kentucky players have such bad shooting form?

Both Lee and Martin shoot off balance mid-air falling jumpers.