1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't go to college. Santorum is good enough for everything.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Dems do the same thing with the poor and minorities ... Common tactic, tell someone their shortcomings are institutional and not individual. I agree with your characterization, currently stationed in Midwest, far more rural and conservative than people think, and your articulation is on point in many cases. I have had affiliated employees tell me exactly what you state.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Actually Rick wants all kids to be homeschooled by fundamentalist Christian parents who don't believe in separation of church and state. He wants the kids to be raised to believe in a form of Christian Sharia in which their interpretation of the Bible trumps civil law. You know like how he educates his kids.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Its cool he probably blames Obama for his problems.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

wow, no need to go there. inappropriate really.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not 'going' anywhere. The whole thing creaps me the hell out, and is enough to let me know that the guy's thought processes are alien enough that I wouLd never be able to blindly trust him. Not that the guy is malicious or anything, but his mind works in ways that I can't predict or understand.

It is entirely 'appropriate' because the incidenr, by itself, is enough to make me concerned about how he would respond to unpredictable events, thus making me concerned about the idea of President Santorum.

Bedides, I thought conservatives were big fans of the wisdom of repugnance.

#46 Ottomaton, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And IIRC, the pregnancy was ended when they found out it was having issues and carrying it to full-term could've harmed the health of the mother. IOW, an abortion, which he thinks even rape victims should not be able to consider.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and the fact Obama spent 20 years listening to a (different kind of) fundamentalist preacher damn the country he purports to lead does nothing to repel you?

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Always do what I say and not look at what I do, that's the mark of a great politician.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I thought he was Muslim.

Get your story straight. Is he a radical Christian or a radical Muslim?

12. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

First off, it's a d-bag move to bring it up in here, It doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Secondly, it's his personal and religious belief to do whatever he pleases as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

Third, you're incredibly reaching there with your statement that you can somehow tie it to his belief to how he would respond to unpredictable events or how much you can 'trust' him. How are you making that connection?

And what's wrong with someone have different (or weird or alien as you call it) beliefs than yourself anyway? As long as it doesn't adversely affect anyone else...

13. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

A few years ago I read 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabakov. At no point did I feel the need to rape children.

My concern is how he thinks and acts.

Certainly if you were all prepared to vote for Obama, but hearing about Rev. Wright changed your mind, that is your right, basso.

#53 Ottomaton, Feb 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Thanks, brah. Hope you're stoked to be moving into the frat house. :rolleyes:

I think if you reread the thread, there was quite a bit of banter going on regarding Santorum, children, and playgrounds prior to my post, which is whay brought it to mind.

As long as he is a private citizen, he can be as crazy as he wants. Necessarily, as President of the US, his behavior effects me. Forcing your children to kiss aborted fetal detritus seems a bit mideval to me. It reminds me of the 19th century practice of posing the corpses of dead people photos with their living relatives. Looking at those just evokes an imediate viceral reaction of creepiness.

If it makes you excited, more power to you. But the way this whole democracy thing works, I can vote for him or not based on whatever criteria I chose. To me, it is important that my president value things like science and education.

#54 Ottomaton, Feb 28, 2012
  15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Knowledge is often "liberal." Didn't you know that?

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Maybe maybe no, but being educated is.

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2 mints in 1?

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Just got owned? Try humor!

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

hey dude, this should work four years later. i would say good luck, but its a lock, trust me

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"