1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Pro Football Player Kills A Man

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by YourSecretLover, Mar 14, 2009.

1. YourSecretLover

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090314/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_stallworth_pedestrian_killed

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.

Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit a 49-year-old man around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. The unidentified pedestrian was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew his blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

A message seeking comment was left on the voicemail of his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday.

He previously played for the New England Patriots.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

RIP. I wouldn't be surprised if Stallworth got out of this.

3. TheBigAristotle

RIP indeed.

Ray Lewis should have been behind bars years ago though (on a random note)

4. yobod

yobod Member

If it's proven that the pedestrian was walking legally within a crosswalk, then I'm quite certain that Stallworth will at least receive probation (which is nothing, I know). However, if it is proven that he was impaired at all, then he might be going away for a very long time. RIP

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 baller4life315, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What do you mean "got out of this"? Honestly sounds like you are assuming he is guilty of something and will weasle out of it. Is that what you doing? I mean you seriously don't think there could be any possibility that he was not at fault in this? just asking

anyway . . .it is tragic all the way around

Rocket River

7. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Most people don't know what it's like to take the life of another human being. It changes you.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd like to hear your story, if you don't mind....

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You don't even care that this may have just been a complete accident? He may have done nothing wrong. Accidents do happen, and they can be tragic. You also have no idea how he might feel right now.

10. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

What a nightmare. Could you imagine living the rest of your life knowing you killed someone?

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

QFT.

Now if Stallworth had accidentally killed a dog on the road, he would have been drawn and quartered :rolleyes:

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Did a little research...never realized Leonard Little had done that...

Wow.

Hopefully this is all a tragic accident, and not another drunken driving case...

RIP.+

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yeah, because there are tons of stories about people who run over dogs getting that kind of treatment.

I assume your post is about Mike Vick.

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Jump to conclusions much??

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He still killed the guy. Accident or not.

I meant got out of this, like this whole situation just passes by really quickly, guilty or not.

7am must have been pretty dark outside?

#15 WhoMikeJames, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I agree. Donte Stallworth has always been a classy and very well spoken guy. He's definitely not the type of person that will do a hit and run then weasel his way out of it like you said.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

7am? was he just coming home from the club?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

would not be the 1st thing I would think of . ..

The article says going to the beach . . .
    I know some folx like to run on the beach
    some even like to run in the early morning

Rocket River

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

read a little more carefully

he was heading "towards the beach". Not "to the beach"

if you know the Miami area very well, then if you're driving from Miami to the city of Miami Beach, then you're headed "towards the beach".

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

You can be nice,classy or whatever but if he was drunk which if it was his fault I would guess that is the case.

Seen some article where they said prosecutors are preparing to charge him with DUI.