1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legal Article: Royce White & Reasonable Accommodations Under the Americans w/ Disabilities Act

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jan 2, 2013.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

@LarryCoon: For those who have been asking me about the Royce White situation, @McCannSportsLaw covers it a lot better than I can: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2095190

Here are some of the major points and arguments mentioned...(sorry about the reference numbers that appear randomly in the text, if I get time I'll edit them out)

The Paper quotes the case of Tarpley & Mobley to highlight the Rockets position...

...Basketball Reasons :grin:

#1 IzakDavid13, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    7 people like this.
  2. IzakDavid13

The Royce White Situation

#BeWell

[​IMG]

In my opinion Royce White has painted himself into a corner and is in a no win situation. All of his requests and reasonable accommodations have been met by The Rockets, but as was clearly seen major trouble only arose when the D-League assignment came up.

Royce White should've been upfront in his concerns and demands before signing his contract or agreeing to terms. Instead he thought that he could sign the guaranteed contract and get paid while pursuing his agenda, and fighting for recognition of his #AnxietyTroopers, while sitting on his butt tweeting all day...that shows his lack of integrity, his character flaws and his entitlement attitude.

I hope one day he does get it together, in life & basketball, but for the time being it is what it is...a wasted 1st Round Draft Pick, wasted on someone who has shown that he could play if he wanted to, but chooses not too. (like a spoilt brat).

3. Know Your Role

Rockets only owe him a bus ticket home to wherever the hell he came from. Get him away from hard work and our rising young team.

Great post BTW, really brings the entire situation into the light. I was most excited about him playing here when we got him. Never thought it would turn into this.

4. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

pretty sure he already got his first check........so they dont even owe him a damn bus ticket.

5. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Such an unhealthy obsession over White... regardless of his problems, some people on this forum are really showing some mental issues as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. just a word

just a word Member

At first I groaned at another White thread, but I found this quite useful! Thank you for summarizing everything!

7. arjun

arjun Member

:confused::confused::confused:

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't know why you need to start a thread just to draw attention to photoshop pics you created. Anyone who cares about yelling at Royce White already read the other thread.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

#TL;DRtroopers

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

how in the hell did he expect realistically to drive to most of the games? Dude just cashed in and now he's out.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Did you just seriously ask why he created another Royce thread, when you did the exact same thing?

1 person likes this.
  14. IzakDavid13

I started thread to highlight the Rockets position in regards to the Royce White situation, but you're right...

I do love that pic of Royce White playing with the bus while making aeroplane arms...it still cracks me up.

Especially when the advertisement goes all OCD and says 'Round and Round and Round and Round'

:grin:

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That was current news reported on the situation, not just additonal commentary/opinion. For example, I would have no issue with a new thread if, say, the team is reported to have suspended him. This is just another "I think he sucks" post. The McCann article copied and pasted in the OP came out weeks ago and was based on the assumption that fear it flying was the primary issue.

16. IzakDavid13

Oops my bad, link added in OP.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

did you not read the OP's well-organized summary of the situation before the ONE photoshop pic, and then his commentary after the ONE pic? :confused:

you are not a moderator of this forum. don't know why you keep trying to surpress posts about royce, who is on the official team roster.

1 person likes this.
  18. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

This is really well done.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I found the information and summary helpful. I don't want to drudge through the other white thread filled mostly with complaints about white. This one actually gave an interesting legal perspective....though it is based on the fear of flying as the primary cause of issue.

1 person likes this.
  20. IzakDavid13

As I stated in the other thread, if MODS choose to merge this I'm ok with that, just wanted to highlight some of the useful information in the McCann article without it being buried in the other thread.

I wish I consulted you on the thread title though, it was very early in the morning Down Under and that was the best I could come up with.

Come on Big Carl, give a brother some Love...:grin:

[​IMG]