1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The most moving/touching "talent show" performance ever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, Jun 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

HOLY CRAP! That guy was frigging incredible. I thought it was a joke like he was singing to a backup tape or something or just some video on YouTube.

Good grief that guy is phenomenal.

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

good God that was awesome!

why.....am....I....crying?

3. tested911

tested911 Member

Jesus Christ what did I just listen too?? And can someone help me find my balls because that was the most amazing that I heard in awhile... I'm actually going to start looking for some opera on Limewire and hopefully play some between 50cent and Metallica :D

But very good job by that guy... What has he been doing this whole time? Has nobody heard him sing?

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

1) Doesn't Simon make enough money?

2) Why do British people have jacked up teeth?

5. tested911

tested911 Member

1.)Actually Simon started American Idol from his orginal Idea from the U.K. PopIdol. PopIdol did so well he ported it over to America.

2.) I wanna know why dental hygiene isn't a booming career there?

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Okay I've seen this over and over again. The guy should be doing opera.

What makes it so touching that some cry? I think its boring.

7. Asian Sensation

Wow very nice.... I Love the girl judges facial expression at the 2:12 mark. :D

8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

You ladies don't forget to hang your panties up to dry before you go to sleep tonight.

Btw, is the AI format over there different? This seemed like an early stage of the audition, yet it had a huge audience which is different from the US version.

9. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

If it is anything like AI, that is likely the 3rd or 4th round after going through waves of producers.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That was nice, good for that guy. I don't know what the standards are for Opera, but I hope he can start doing that as a living.

Is anybody else annoyed by Nomi as much as I am? Here's David Bowie pwning hm in a cartoon.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QV6bXAGEYA0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QV6bXAGEYA0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It's the same format as the US version, America's got talent on NBC. They have all kinds weird talent on it.

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

She's adorable, but do they always have to sing THAT song?

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Came back strong for a 2nd performance

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDB9zwlXrB8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDB9zwlXrB8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. theWIGMAN

theWIGMAN Member

"CON TE PARTIRO"
    for comparison here are Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli's version (partly anglocized as "Time to Say Goodbye"
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5LI0f-baHc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5LI0f-baHc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

If you're not moved by this, then I pity you.

15. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

I was waiting for his pants to drop the whole time

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Here's another moving & touching performance but in a different way.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fT94nUHl-E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fT94nUHl-E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The Bump music that the little girl was coming out to was a High School Musical song.

HSM = the takeover.

Go wildcats.

18. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OK, I DO like opera and don't really care about any jokes relating. The guy was fine - a little sloppy but still good. The dude is Welsh, though, and they have a long tradition of excellence in singing.

As an aside, Luciano Pavarotti is a big, fat, sweaty slut. He tried to convince a few f my friends to shower with him after they performed together. Pretty awesome. Just imagine him in all his largeness, standing in a towel, playing the pimp with his Italian accent. Unfortunately, it didn't work this time, but from what they said he usually gets what he wants.

19. Fatty FatBastard

There is simply something about the guy that you have to like.

I consider myself a damn good singer, and he blows me away.

Simply put, he made a fan of me.

20. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It looked like an "O"ver the top moment.