1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Healthy Yao or Healthy Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by typhooonn, Jan 11, 2013.

?

Healthy Yao or Healthy D Howard?

1. I would pick healthy Yao in my team

88.3%
  2. I would pick healthy D Howard in my team

10.4%
  3. No idea

1.3%
  1. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Say both at their best time without injury, which one would you like to pick in your team?

2. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Prime healthy Yao

3. jvu

jvu Member

So you're asking us to pick a man? Or a man child?

Obviously troll.

4. AFS

AFS Member

Problem is even with prime healthy Yao, it's only a matter of time before he's back to prime unhealthy Yao.

1 person likes this.
  5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Howard every day of the week. 3x DPOY with 23 points while never player with a PG that would compliment him well.(PnR guy with a deadly 3 point shot)

6. SK34

SK34 Member

Yao Ming Yao Ming Yao ming

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Before the "Yao dominated Dwight" posts, remember Dwight was still young and not in him like Yao was.

Yao is obviously a better person, but Dwight is really good defensively.. He did bring a team to the finals as well.

8. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

wow, do you really expect the majority to vote howard on a rocket fan forum?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yao was great defensively in his last years and was just entering his prime.

No doubt he was going to dominate the rest of the NBA, he simply became ungaurdable and really I feel like crying right now.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Probably Dwight, Yao had stamina issues and he was a bad match up against certain centers like Carlos Boozer. I like defense and rebounding sooooooo...

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really tough choice, I really love Yao, but I'd have to go Dwight. Honestly, either of them can be a center on a championship team, not much difference between the two.

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mFppQfs75Ro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aZjKdNRSKNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hd4QtXddjeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RtRssX5PmYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Howard was at his prime when Yao dominated his whiny ass...

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Implying healthy Yao even existed

back to the question

I want center that has more than one ****ty jump hook as a post move, and one that doesn't miss half of his free throws

Yes dwight brings more on the rebounds and defense side of things, but if I were to build a team, I pick Yao all day everyday.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he got shutdown fronted by Blazers and Lakers before he retired.

But then again I think with the right support, fronting wouldn't really be that big of a problem, so I still pick Yao

16. PotStu

PotStu Member

one of the greats of all time

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Fronting is considered a soft double team, blazers decided not to let Yao beat them, that's why everyone else went off.

I'd still pick Dwight Howard. I don't care if he's got only 1 move, as long as the ball goes in, it's a good move.

18. lean

lean Member

Seriously? Yao always dominated Howard when they played. Not gonna get many unbiased answers on this forum anyway...

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If Yao were consistently healthy at any point in his career, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Health aside, in their prime, I'll take Yao, no contest

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Is this a serious question?